A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Thursday, May 31, 2018

1.5 days.

Last night, Paul and I were sitting on the back porch playing cards. I told him I didn't have a blog post written for the next day. I asked him if it would be weird if I wrote a post about bird poop.

"I guess if you're desperate..." he said. 

I guess I am desperate! All the stuff I want to write about... I can't write about! I mean, I have at least four really good, deep blog post topics but they're not things I can post on here!

"Remember that time a seagull pooped on you while we were on the Atlantic City boardwalk?" I asked him.

"Oh yeah, I totally got shat on," Paul nodded.

I went back in my blog archives to find the post about our Atlantic City trip, and when I read it, I learned that we both got pooped on while we were on the boardwalk!



Wow, we were BABIES in 2013!
Look, I'm holding my flip phone!

Okay... changing topics. Counting today, I have 1.5 more days with students. I am really at the end of my rope. I am still teaching but the students are acting like none of the rules matter anymore. I keep saying, "School is over on Friday. It is NOT Friday!" Sometimes when I am correcting the students, I sound EXACTLY like my mother!

I'm really ready for summer. I need to REBOOT myself. I am just falling into a rut and I am not happy. I wake up in the morning and I dread the day. I get home from work and I'm too tired to do anything I enjoy. I'm in a funk, and honestly, I've been in a funk for like two months now.

Sorry this is a random post!
Have you ever been to Atlantic City?
Did a bird ever poop on you?
Is there anything you say where you sound exactly like your mom?

15 comments:

  1. I love Atlantic City. I've never been pooped on but I HAVE had a seagull steal food from me. An entire bagel, just gone!

    I hope you can hang in there the next day and a half. Summer will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those seagulls are sneaky! I am impressed it was able to get a whole bagel!

      Delete
  2. I definitely sound like my mom at times. I'll say something or it sounds like her, without even realizing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, it's as soon as it comes out of my mouth that I am like... wow, I sounded just like my mom!

      Delete
  3. Definitely have been to Atlantic City a few times... Did have a bird poop on me... Sitting in my Geo Tracker with the top off at a stop light... well technically did not poop on me but it landed right between my legs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last night adam and I were walking to dinner and I felt a drop of something on my head and yelled DID A BIRD SHIT ON ME? Adam was like no babe it was a drop of water. Honestly so grateful! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! See, the bird poop post resonates with people. We all have had it happen or near misses :)

      Delete
  5. Megan, please please post on the topics you think are off limits. Nothing is off limits on your blog, girl. And you have piqued my interest big time! LOL. OMG, if you are waiting to come out into traffic and someone is approaching and then they turn without a signal (which means you sat and waited for nothing) my mom used to say 'keep it a secret lady' or 'keep it a secret mister'....I say the exact same thing and then I smile because it reminds me of her and she is worth remembering always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is funny, I never heard that saying! :) I'm glad it makes you think of her and makes you smile. :) I love that dress! It's a Jennifer Lopez dress from kohls on SALE. Still fits, still have it.

      Delete
    2. my mom totally made up that saying and that's why I love it (I can hear her saying it in my head) -- I think my sister's say it, too!

      Delete
  6. and also....that is a super cute dress! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute dress btw! I was bird pooped on while visiting Alcatraz. Embarrassing! Oh yeah, I sound like my mom and I now have a full group of Mom Sayings. Go me!
    I'm guessing summer will be a great turn around for you and the funk will be lifted. Just one more day now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I am sorry but that is funny. :) I hope the funk lifts. If it doesn't, it's my own fault!

      Delete
  8. I like that I teach music and I see all the kids for a little bit of time, not one group all day. I couldn't handle that. Hang in there, K! Almost done!

    ReplyDelete