A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Springtime Run!


Last week, I had one of the most enjoyable runs in a long time. After several days off, I finally emerged for a neighborhood 6 miler. My little neighborhood looked like spring and smelled like spring. I can't accurately describe how good it felt to be out there, but at least I can show you some pretty pictures!










I even saw one of the many white squirrels that live in our hood!




I felt so accomplished and happy after this run. I am a creature of habit and don't mind running in my hood every morning. It's comforting to have a routine.


Is it spring where you are?

10 comments:

  1. Yes! I know exactly what you mean. I love that "feeling" in the air! Everything is in bloom now and I'm loving the scent of Honeysuckle! Your neighborhood route looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today is the first day I've seen sunshine in about 10 days which is amazing. I think it's going to get cloudy again this afternoon and might be that way for another week. We have rainy springs and summer months many years but never as bad as its been.

    I'm a creature of habit too and don't mind running the same route or two, but then every once in a while I get in a mood where I'm like I NEED TO RUN SOMEWHERE DIFFERENT... for a day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really is my favorite time as you finally emerge from winter and into spring and summer! It's still chilly in the mornings but it's way nicer than winter months so I will take it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think our chilly mornings are over. I've been running in my tank tops!

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful sunrise!!

    White squirrels are real? they look really cool!!

    I know everybody is done with the rain, but I love all the rain now, so we will have all green plants through the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! There are albino squirrels that are white too, but they would have red eyes. Good point about the rain!

      Delete
  5. Very pretty views! Looks like you have some nice trails/road to run on. I'm loving the smell in the air, and just the early mornings in general around here! My duathlon is tonight and it's to be in the 80's. Phew, I'm going to melt!!

    ReplyDelete