A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Just some things...

1. Somehow, I got poison ivy all over the tops of my feet and up the front of my legs. I have no clue how I could have gotten it. The first couple dots on my legs popped up on Friday night. I did yard work on Sunday, but I didn't see poison. But I was barefoot, which makes me think at least what I got on my feet was on that day. . But here we go, I'll have it for like two weeks now.

2. Last week, my SIL, Debby, took me shopping for flowers for the front of my house. I know nothing about flowers so I told her she was in charge and I'd get whatever she told me to. I got some cone flowers, zinnias, lavender, and two packets of just some random wild flower seeds. Some of the flowers are popping up already and they are very colorful. It's going to look really nice!



3. Remember how last week I was having lots of random aches and pains and even thought I was getting plantar fasciitis? Well, I definitely am not getting PF (but I will now because I just put out in the universe that I'm not) but I am still a little creaky in the hip areas. I'm stretching, foam rolling, and only doing about 3 miles but not every day.

4. Most of my garden looks good. I even have a pepper already! But my mint is droopy, one cucumber looked dead just the day after I planted it, and one of my pepper plants looks dead. Do you think I should buy knew ones or just keep watering these and see what happens?



Sad cucumber.

Sad pepper.

HAPPY PEPPER!

5. I binged Season 2 of 13 Reasons Why. Paul and I watched one episode on Thursday and I didn't know if I wanted to continue. I am so over Hannah Baker drama. But on Sunday night, I stayed up until 5:00am Monday morning watching the next 9 episodes. Then I watched the rest on Monday. A couple non spoiler comments... Clay's face still looks yellow, Tony still annoys the crap out of me to the point he makes me want to vomit, and if I had even 5% of the drama these kids had in high school I wouldn't have made it out alive...
What's going on with you?

15 comments:

  1. Poison ivy?! YIKES! What can you do to manage the symptoms? I am so glad you don't have PF! Is it the outside of your hips or hamstring attachment that is achy? Take care of yourself, girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inside, like groin area!

      Paul got me dermablast spray to stop the itching but that does not help at all. I try not to touch it. Working out this morning sucked... Putting sneakers on my feet and then having sweaty legs!

      Last night I put ice packs on my feet and legs. Right on the skin. I know you're not supposed to do that but I could not fall asleep due to the itching. So I just left it on for like two minutes and then took it off.

      Last time I had poison I gave myself a mild case of frostbite and my skin was discolored for several weeks due to keeping ice packs directly on my legs. Oops.

      Delete
    2. Ugh...that sounds awful! OMG, I actually gave myself an ice burn two weeks ago. I fell when I was working out and I left the ice on too long. Wondering how long it will take my skin to go back to normal! I hope your hip starts to feel better! Has this pain happened before?

      Delete
    3. Aw you fell? I hope you're okay. It will take a couple weeks but it will go back. I was a little worried about mine but it did fade completely. The hip, yeah I think it has. Like my groin has randomly hurt before then it would go away.

      Delete
  2. I bought flowers this weekend too. I am not the gardener, but I wanted some pretty things for the front of my house. Make it look like someone lives here.

    I know you've been waiting, and I have my race recap up today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your flowers! SO pretty. Can't wait to read your recap!

      Delete
  3. I'm not sure I should even say the words "poison ivy". Just thinking about it makes me itchy! If that's what yours is, I hope it goes away fast. I have survived yard work so far this season. Not sure how! Good question on the veggies... I'm not sure if garden plants can make a comeback or not. I better check on my garden to see if I have anything happening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay I think I will check with my mom about the garden plants. It's not too expensive to replace them!

      Delete
  4. I don't understand what they could possibly have a season 2 of 13 RW?! and you are right, my High School was not this much drama!!

    are you allergic to Poinson ivy?

    I hope your plants recover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well season 2 focuses on the trial AND does flashbacks to when Hannah was alive. We learn things we didn't know before.

      Delete
    2. I am not sure how to answer the question about being allergic. I mean, I get poison ivy and it really itches, but I don't swell up or get sick or anything.

      Delete
  5. I hope your poison doesn't stick around long. Can't wait to see your beautiful flowers in bloom. We bought a rose Bush this year. Well Scott wanted it. I could care less because I know how much work they can be and I'm not good with plants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not good with plants either! If we buy a bush, like you suggest, it better be one that is pretty established so it can survive me planting it!

      Delete
  6. Love to hear about your garden. I haven't planted anything (yet), is it too late?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I do not think it is too late at all. I bought replacements for my dead pepper and cucumber and they are doing just fine and dandy.

      Delete