A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, May 28, 2018

I don't feel like writing a Weekend Wrap Up.

During my run yesterday, I kept wondering how I was possibly going to write a Weekend Wrap Up this week. I didn't feel like writing about what I actually had to do this weekend. 

My Grandma passed away on Wednesday. This weekend was spent with family. We said goodbye to Grandma and celebrated her life.

I don't want to dive into how wonderful my Grandma was on my blog because I feel like my Grandma is much too special to be memorialized on a silly running blog.

The last thing I'll say is that I don't know if I'll ever write anything else on this subject on my blog. But that's not because it's not important. Sometimes it's the things that are MOST important that are too painful to write about.

8 comments:

  1. I saw your facebook post, Meg. I'm very sorry for your loss. I loved seeing the pics of you, your mom, and your grandma because you all looked so happy together, and I am sure she had a wonderful life and impacted so many people, including you. I'm not particularly religious, but that is how people live on, leaving a legacy behind with their loved ones, family, friends, etc.

    If you want to write about your grandma, do.- if not, don't Silly blog or not, this is your space to share whatever is on your heart. It's also your space to not share anything you don't want to and everyone respects that decision too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for the loss of your Grandma. In due time you may want to talk about it and we'll all be here to listen. Or maybe you wont talk about it again and that's perfectly fine too. I hope you and your family are doing okay and I'm sorry about texting you that silly question yesterday . I had no idea you were grieving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She was a very special lady indeed. I have mourned her twice now... when Andy and I split and now. Was fortunate enough to spend a little time with her before we moved to Florida and it was so wonderful reconnecting with her again. I know how much she will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how close you were to your grandma and how amazing she was! I totally understand wanting to keep your thoughts and memories close to your heart as you navigate the grief. I bet, in time, you will find that you do want to share some fun stories and I can't wait to hear even more about a wonderful, beautiful, strong woman! Love & hugs to you xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for your loss. It makes sense to not want to talk about this sensitive moment, you will honor your grandma on your own way, and we as your readers will respect whatever that will be.

    Sending positive vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear this Meg. How wonderful that you were so close to her and got to spend time with her! Hugs to you and your family during this rough time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma. It's probably better to keep her in your heart and not on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma :( Lots of love and light.

    ReplyDelete