A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

I finally get to run The Hyner Trail Challenge!

Hey friends! 

Yesterday, I was finally able to register for a race I have always wanted to run: The Hyner Trail Challenge. There is a 25k and 50k option. I am doing the 25k.


This race has been a long time coming. Many, many years ago, I was registered and had to DNS. Hopefully, that doesn't happen to me again! Who knows what kind of shape I will be in in April of '19, but hopefully I'll be in good enough shape to run The Hyner Trail Challenge!

My dad did Hyner in 2016. Here's a picture of him finishing!

I guess I have to try to beat 3:46 now, right Dad!?

Check out the elevation profile...
DAYUM!!!!
I will be crawling on my hands and knees...

Looks fun, right!? I'm so excited to conquer this race that I've been hearing so much about!

Have you run Hyner?
Did you ever have to DNS?

18 comments:

  1. That's exciting for You! I have a coworker who just did Hyner this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! What were her thoughts on it? I saw that it is up your way, about 30 min past RB winter. I'll stay in Lock Haven the night before.

      Delete
  2. I was looking at pictures on instagram of somebody who just did this ! it looks amazing, and painful, but I know that you can rock this race!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ana! I just look at it as a long hike/run in the woods. :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome! Congrats on registering. OMG that elevation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That elevation looks scary but I'm really glad you get to run it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn! And I thought the hill I have to tackle in San Fran is bad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW your dad is such a badass for finishing in 3:46!!!! Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW, RIGHT? My dad is so strong and athletic.

      Delete
  7. I hope you get to do it this year!! Looks like fun! I need to run another trail race soon. I'm in search of your lunch meal prep post. Got a quick link to it? I'm wondering what you put in your rice/chicken to make it more flavorful... or maybe nothing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm... do you mean the one from this weekend where I showed all the shit I made? If so, this is it: https://meggorun.blogspot.com/2018/04/weekend-wrap-up_30.html

      In the quinoa explosion, it doesn't need anything for flavor. The mushrooms and peppers make it flavorful enough. Although sometimes some melted shredded cheddar is a treat.

      For the rice, again, the squash really does give it a lot of flavor. Paul adds either general tso's sauce or teriyaki sauce. Not a ton, just a little.

      Delete
    2. It was an older post I was thinking of, but I think I'm good - have been pinning lots of stuff my board. I need to get away from my daily salads. They have been making my stomach unhappy! :(

      Delete
  8. Hooray! I am glad you were able to register!

    ReplyDelete