Now that Thanksgiving is officially over, you can listen to Christmas music without anyone bitching at you!!!!!
Today, I'm just going to share 5 of my favorite Christmas songs! Thank you to my friend Molly @ The Sassy Sub for giving me the idea for this post!
A a music teacher and a Christmas lover, I LOVE CHRISTMAS MUSIC!!!!
In general, my favorite songs are the traditional hymns- Hark the Herald Angels Sing, Silent Night, The First Noel, and other songs like that.
Here are my favorites... (or at least the first 5 favorites I could think of!)
1. The First Noel - Josh Groban and Faith Hill. If Paul is in a good mood, he will sing this in the car with me. I love Josh Groban's voice and I love the harmonies created by the duet. Fun fact: We call Josh Groban "Grob-piece" or "The Grobinator".
2. Carol of the Bells - performed by any choir! The first time I heard this song, I immediately loved it! Luckily, I have been able to perform it a couple times. Here is the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing it... don't mess with the MTC! They rock!
3. Hark the Herald Angels Sing by Amy Grant. I love Amy's voice in this song and that she sings it "straight". It is my absolutely favorite performance.
4. Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth. I love the voices of both of these men. And I love how "old timey" it is. It makes me feel very homey.
5. Do You Hear What I Hear by Bing Crosby. Okay, I can't get enough of Bing Crosby! I love the back up choir in this version as well.
I hate that I only get to pick 5 songs! I want to include God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, O Holy Night, and Go Tell it on the Mountain! And as soon as I hit post, I'll think of three more songs I want to include! I should have done a Friday 50 instead of a Friday 5!
OMG AND BLUE CHRISTMAS PERFORMED BY ELVIS!!!! I LOVE BLUE CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!