A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Friday, November 3, 2017

Friday 5 (Random)



Hey all! I am linking up with Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness for Friday 5 2.0!

Today, I'm going to share 5 things about this week!


1. On Monday, I had zero patience... and I didn't realize I was lacking patience until my first music class arrived for the day. All day long, the students were not following directions, they were talking over top of me, and at some points, they were just straight up ignoring me! It was a bad day.

2. Jelly has feline herpes! We noticed on Sunday that his eye was watery and there was some brown gunk forming at the crease The next day, the bottom of his eye was swollen! Paul made a vet appointment for Tuesday morning and he was diagnosed with feline herpes. It is apparently very common, and since Jelly has been an indoor cat his whole life, he was most likely born with it and the virus was dormant. The vet thinks the stress of going to the groomer last week is what caused the virus to give him symptoms. Jelly gets cream on his eye twice a day for a week and that should clear it up. It already looks almost completely back to normal. Hopefully he doesn't have any more outbreaks or if he does, they don't happen very often! (Yes I am feeling super guilty about making him go to the groomer but he had to get his mats shaved off!)


3. I had some weird dreams this week. I dreamed I was on a plane that was crashing because passengers were running up and down the aisles. It was terrifying! We didn't end up crashing but the pilot did scold the passengers for being rowdy. I told the pilot there were some passengers in the bathroom and could he please scold them as well when they come out?


4. On Wednesday nights, I can't sleep. Last week I woke up at 1:30am and never fell back asleep. This week, it was 1:41. I tried to fall back asleep but it just didn't happen. FML.


5. Today is orchestra day!  Every year, I take either the third or fourth graders on a field trip to see the Harrisburg Symphony Orchestra perform. It's a very special day! I even wear my (fake) pearls. The only bad thing about this day is I have to ride in a school bus full of children. We can file that under "things that suck".



HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What was your favorite school field trip?

25 comments:

  1. Aww poor Jelly! I too always feel guilty when something is wrong with Baylee. I always feel like "could I have prevented this some how?"

    I wish I was going to the orchestra today! Is this an all day thing? Will you have any classes?
    My favorite field trip when I was in school was in 2nd grade, we went to the hospital. I must have found that fascinating back then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The concert is only 50 minutes, it's a special Young Person's Concert, and since it's just 15 min away, we will be gone about two hours. I doubled up some classes so I will see everyone today except my chorus. So I have four classes but some of them are doubled up... ugh!

      Delete
  2. Who has Jelly been hanging out with? Poor baby.

    I second your emotion about the school bus ride. Ugh. Enjoy the orchestra, tho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy! The Harrisburg Symphony Orchestra is really good!

      Delete
  3. Oh gosh...school bus rides are the worst! I volunteered a lot when my kids were young, and I had to endure many field trips on a loud bus with all the kids. Painful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for volunteering! It's nice to have parents help out when needed. Those bus rides...

      Delete
  4. Aww... poor kitty! Glad to hear he's doing better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Jelly!! I hope he is feeling better soon.

    School trips are the best! Busses full of children are never fun, I hope you have lots of coffee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This trip is extra fun because the kids dress up really nice.

      Delete
  6. If only they understood that it's for their own good... Our cat Basic used to pee on the way to the vet ALL. THE TIME. It was like are annual vet visit "eff you".

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have had weird dreams too! Who knew that cats could get that?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't enjoy the school bus rides, even as a kid. The cacophony was too much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We went into Manhattan once with our Spanish class -- I don't really remember what the heck we did, but I do remember the meal . . . of course. :)

    Poor Jelly & poor you. He kind of looks like a long haired version of Giz. Who is pacing around right now because it's dinner time & I'm still on the computer.

    I rarely remember my dreams, but it's an unusual week if there isn't at least one night that I walk up too early. :( For a person who doesn't work I'm still chronically sleep deprived!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to NYC sounds like a great field trip. We did that a lot in HS to see Broadway shows.

      Delete
  10. Hope you had a good trip to the orchestra and the kids behaved! Is the cream easy to put in Jelly's eye? We had to give Zoe some eye drops, and that was stressful. Also the foster kittens got some kind of eye med and it was a scratch-fest!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids were good for the most part. Paul does the cream and it is funny you asked because it was going well until yesterday he got a scratch when Jelly tried to "kick off" him.

      Delete
  11. I can't remember going on field trips! But, I was in the marching band and we rode to football games and band competitions on buses. It was fun...as a teen! I hope Jelly is better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in marching band too but really disliked it. I hated football, our band uniforms were uncomfortable.. but I did it all through high school. Not college! Oh those football games were so cold, too!

      Delete
  12. Poor Jelly! I hope he gets better soon. I am in the same boat about not sleeping. It sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope Jelly is feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete