Today, I'm going to share some Central PA *WINTER* date ideas for you and your hunny! This list will be things that require you to get a shower and get dressed, but don't worry, I'll do a follow up post on some stay at home date ideas for the winter!
1. Mid State Distillery. They make their own vodka, bourbon, moonshine, and rum. Their tastings are free! Have you ever done a liquor tasting? There are mixed drinks made from their own spirits as well as local wine and beer. Bring your own food or order in! (There's a Popeyes right across the street!!!!)
2. Game Table Cafe. This place has every game you can think of as well as enthusiastic employees who will teach you how to play the games! They make soups, sandwiches, salads, and have a wide assortment of non alcoholic beverages including specialty coffee drinks and frozen drinks.
3. Wineries. There are just so many in Central PA, and it seems like there is always something going on at the wineries on the weekends. Check out their websites to find out about tastings, live music, and other fun events! Suggestions: Armstrong Valley, Buddy Boy, Bucks Valley, Hunters Valley, Adams County, Hauser's Estate.
4. Breakfast and a hike. One of our favorite things to do is get breakfast at Funck's Cafe right by Fort Indian Town Gap and then go for a hike at Swatara State Park. But obviously there are many other gorgeous places to hike- the Appalachian Trail, Pinchot Park, and Detweiler Park.
5. Paint Nite. I have done a couple Paint Nites and they are so much fun! I'm not good at painting but somehow, someway, my picture always turns out nice. Search the Paint Nite website for events near you. And ALWAYS use a discount code!
6. Movie & lunch. See an IMAX movie at The Whitaker Center and then walk to a local eatery downtown.
7. See a live performance! Here are some links to get you started!
Little Theater of Mechanicsburg
The Belmont Theater
Oyster Mill Playhouse
Hershey Area Playhouse
Dutch Apple Dinner Theater
What is your favorite winter date idea?