A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Weekend Wrap Up! (Part 2)


Happy Tuesday!

3.5 more days with students!

Yes, I like my job, and if the students were as focused and behaved as they were August-March, I wouldn't be counting down the days!

Here's what we were up to Sunday-Monday!


I didn't get up until after noon! I'm getting into a bad habit here.

We headed to the gym. I had a date with the arc trainer. I got in 50 minutes and it was a great workout.

Then I headed to my friend Katrina's house for another Memorial Day picnic. A bunch of my work buddies were there and we had a ton of fun laughing and talking.

Me and my home girls!

Me and my Shawny!

I got home pretty late, and since Paul was still out with his friends, I finished up another puzzle!


MONDAY

I got up quite early on Monday and headed to Millersburg to go to the Memorial Day ceremony and parade with my parents. My poor mom was sick, but she made it over to the ceremony with her puke bucket hidden in a canvas bag.



Our town has hung veteran banners around the park and on the main streets. My grandpa, his five brothers, and my great grandpa all have a banner. Grandpa's banner and Great Uncle Jack's banner are right across the street from my parent's house.


It was fun to see the high school marching band. Hearing the drum line certainly brought back memories of marching at football games. I hated marching band when I was in high school, but looking back, I wish I would have taken it more seriously.



Before I headed home, I stopped at my Grandma's for a little visit. I showed her all the pictures and video from Tyler's triathalon last week. She enjoyed seeing those!


On the way home, I wanted to stop at Harrisburg's Artsfest but I couldn't find a parking spot. I drove around for 20 minutes until finally I got pissed off and just went home.

I was sort of in a depressed mood when I got home. I was tired and feeling down. This has been happening all too much lately. I basically forced myself to workout and thankfully, the endorphins helped me to feel better. I did two deck of cards workouts that were really intense.


I was in a great mood after my workout. The rest of the day was spent lounging around. There was puzzles. There was cards. There was dinner + Seinfeld! We basically lazed around like these two...

How did you celebrate Memorial Day?
Do you ever make yourself workout to get cheered up?

18 comments:

  1. Fun weekend! I hope your mama is feeling better. We spent our day putting in our garden and then having a BBQ w/ my dad. We got some rain so we had to stay inside. Working out helps with my state of mind! I'm glad you are feeling better. Just a few more days then SUMMER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is feeling better today, thank goodness! I hope you had fun BBQing with your daddio. It rained here all last week and not it is rainy again here today. It was rainy off and on this weekend too. I'm so freaking sick of it!

      Delete
  2. I love how towns get all decked out for the holiday! That is awesome that your relatives have flags!

    Hope you breeze through these next 3 days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I hope your last couple days are easy-breasy too!

      Delete
  3. I pretty much always get cheered up from a workout :). It looks like you had a great weekend with family and just relaxing too. We didn't have a Memorial Day parade or any sort of celebrations here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, yet I still sometimes have to remind myself I will feel better after some endorphins!

      Delete
  4. When Im in a bad mood it can be tough to convince myself to work out, but I know I always feel better after I do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I don't know if I ever felt WORSE after working out...

      Delete
  5. Absolutely! I will say that since I was diagnosed with RA, my motivation to workout has been much lower than ever. It's not that the symptoms are keeping me low, it's that I just am not feeling it. I always feel better after I go, so I push myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it amazing how much better we feel when we force ourselves to get moving? Reminding myself of this is the one thing that gets me out the door and the idea that I've never regretted a workout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you never regretted a workout! I don't think I have either. On the other hand, I don't think I ever regretted skipping a workout!

      Delete
  7. What a great weekend!!

    3.5 days!! you are almost there!!

    We stayed in and cleaned my son's room for the holiday, it was stressful to be inside the whole day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was in band too, but didn't like the marching. I actually got out of it the last year I was in band because I had a lacrosse game the same day. I wasn't crying about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's seriously so awesome that your great uncle and grandpa had their pictures on banners around town. What a great tribute.

    I'm really jealous that you were able to sleep until noon! One thing I wish I knew when we were thinking of buying this house is that when we're in the spring/summer time change the sun rises and hits my eyeballs at pretty much 8:30am on the dot. And then it blazes right onto my face until I'm practically sweating in bed and angry that it's so bright! I have actually started turning and putting my head at the foot of the bed to catch some extra zzz's on the weekends! Which is weird because I'm basically next to Adam's feet which is like you know, not ideal!

    We bought curtains but they are ugly and I can't stand them. I need to find better curtains. For now I'll take the feet over ugly curtains.

    ReplyDelete