A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Vlog: Shut it down!


Today I want to share with you a very important teaching strategy I have learned over my 12 years of teaching elementary music. It is called SHUT IT DOWN!

I hope you enjoy this vlog!


Do you ever SHUT IT DOWN at work? In your personal life?

Speaking of work... 9.5 days left with the kids, 2.5 in-service days left!

11 comments:

  1. Oh, I only wish I could shut it down w/ my co-workers sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same. Or like just Shut It Down for myself. Two minutes of sitting with my head on my desk with my eyes closed to re-focus sounds pretty good now that I'm an adult!

      Delete
    2. Well I love the people I work with BUT I wouldn't mind shutting myself down either, Kristina!

      Delete
  2. Great strategy Megan! Unfortunately I don't think my middle school students would see this as a "bad" thing...haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are right! I think this only works for little kids!

      Delete
  3. Somehow I don't think I could do that with my husband . . . we had a conductor when I was in junior high -- he made us do deep knee bends when we weren't listening. I've never forgotten him. He was actually a great teacher!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm... I'm sure there is something you could shut down from your husband!! ;) I'm. Wow physical punishment?? Ha! I have had my kids do jumping jacks to "wake them up". They liked it though.

      Delete
  4. I think you should shut it down this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! I don't think I have ever tried to shut it down!! I'm going to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you could really shut shit down at work. :)

      Delete