A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Sunday, February 1, 2015

"Weekly" Workout Re-Cap!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



I'm running a little bit more!
However, I am still committed to my mobility work and rehabbing myself.
I am not "better", but I feel like I have direction... that is always good!




1/25- My first run after 2 weeks off! Read all about it here!




1/26- Snow day! Chest workout at home. Sine I barely got any sleep the night before, it took awhile to get motivated to work out. I compromised and did it all in my jammies!



1/27- Run! Oh boy does it feel good to RUN! Even if it was on the treadmill at the gym... I warmed up with a quarter mile walk and cooled down with the same. Also did the couch stretch before and after. COUCH STRETCH IS THE KEY TO ME RUNNING PAIN FREE, I AM CONVINCED!

Can we just talk about how inaccurate the calorie counter on this machine is?
There is NO WAY I burned 560 calories!


1/28- Back at Planet Fitness!




1/29- Chest at home. Pretty much the same workout as earlier in the week. But I got out of my jammies for this workout! I thought about a walk, but the "feels like" temp was 3 degrees so... no.



1/30- Gorgeous early morning snow run! My leg felt very strong during the run. Later in the day, I could feel my knee getting a little hot. It was not as bad as it usually is, but the hot spot is still there. I also did a lot of mobility work and knee/glute strengthening throughout the day.




1/31- A late afternoon trip to Planet Fitness to lift back. Boy does the gym STINK by 4pm on a Saturday! I did my normal back routine that I did earlier in the week. I was kind hemming and hawing on whether to even workout today, but I'm glad I decided to. I felt strong at the gym, and of course, post workout endorphins are always the best!


It is great to incorporate some running back into my routine!

13 comments:

  1. Ha! I always look and the calorie counter like "What?!" after I run. It's definitely over estimating my expenditure...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. I figured about 70-80 calories per mile for me!

      Delete
    2. Yup. I figured about 70-80 calories per mile for me!

      Delete
  2. Glad that you got to run a bit this week and have been feeling mostly good!
    Those treadmill calorie counters are always ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHOOO for adding running back in!

    Treadmill cal counters are ridiculous, but I also think my Garmin calorie estimate is crazy too!

    I love the couch stretch! When I do it every single day I have 0 issues with my right hip getting tight. As soon as I forget to do it (or get lazy) that hip tightens right up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Garmin is crazy too! Maybe they just want us it feel accomplished by the amount of calories and will workout again!

      Delete
  4. The calories are actually pretty accurate. They say that for every mile, you burn about 100-110 calories (if you are already in shape). So, way to go!!

    Glad to see you are back and running. Seems like things are going well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was always under the impression that the generic "100 cals per mile" was for someone who weighs about 150lbs. It is just hard for me to believe I can burn 500 calories is 40 minutes by running.

      Delete
  5. Glad you are getting some running in. I can't wait till I run again. I probably wont being doing anything till my race at the end of February and even then I'm sure it will not be a full on run :( -M

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like treadmill calorie counters and distance counters are always off!! I never trust them lol.

    Looks like you had a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you are running again and mostly all pain free!!
    I need to try that stretch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for pain-free running!! And general beast-modeness, per usual. :)

    ReplyDelete