A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, February 14, 2015

10 Things Runners Can Do to Love THEMSELVES All Year Long!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


1. Take a freaking rest day!



2. Cross train. (Does not count as a rest day!)

3. Don't forget to stretch.



4. Wear proper shoes- not just for running but at work and play.

5. Strength train regularly.



6. Work on any weaknesses in your body mechanics for a few minutes each day.

7. Warm up and cool down.

8. Use food as fuel but don't obsess. Food can be fun too!

9. Get enough sleep.


Or if you're like me and you can't sleep, at least spend some time laying on the couch in your pink robe with your little fur ball on your lap!


10. Take a moment each day and appreciate the amazing things your body can do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Want to add anything to my list?

5 comments:

  1. The sleep thing I'm awful at and the rest day isn't my strongest thing right now. Most of the time I take 1-2 days off a week but right now I'm trying to push myself a bit and not taking much time off - it's temporary though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually had scotch a few days ago for the first time in awhile and it upset my tummy. :( Not sure I'm a scotch girl anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to work harder on wearing good shoes at work, especially because I walk around all day. I wear flats with almost no support...but maybe that's good because it's training my calves! lol

    ReplyDelete