A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Let the Sun Shine!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


I recently had my first early morning run in about a week and a half. Well my friends, something crazy happened during my short time away from early morning runs... IT IS NOW GETTING LIGHT OUT EARLIER!!!!

In the darkest doldrums of winter, the sun is just starting to peak out when I leave for work around 7:30.... which means it's completely dark for my 6:00 runs. But no more! Now I see daybreak around 6:30!

I'm such a fickle person. After daylight savings time, I get depressed running in the dark. But I slowly start to get used to it and even enjoy it. Now that it is getting light out, it is sort of exciting, but at the same time, I feel like I am behind. "What!? You mean I didn't get my workout in before the sun came up!? I MUST BE SLACKING!"

I think I just need to chill out and appreciate the fact that I am getting a couple runs in a week. And while my knee/IT band isn't 100%, it is definitely feeling better than it was- and it has to be due to the positive changes I made, the exercises I am doing, and the whole "running less" thing.

Also, I just found the perfect gift for Valentine's Day! Hey Paul, check this out!
Do you run in the light or the dark? 
Which do you prefer?

6 comments:

  1. Well, I pretty much always run in the light since I'm on my treadmill!! I did notice this past week when Jordan was leaving for school a bit before 7 that I didn't have to turn the porch light on for him anymore:)
    That cat bouquet thing is very unique!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HS kids go to school so early and it's dark in the winter- that must be so depressing!

      Delete
  2. That bouquet of cats! I'll take two of them! :)

    I prefer to run in the light, around sunset. I don't like running during the day when it's super hot, but I also don't like running in the dark because I imagine people lurking waiting to jump out of the bushes at me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah seeing the sun rise is so cool!

    Maybe the ONLY benefit of being injured in the winter is that you miss the crappy temps! That was me last year after my knee surgery. It was the end of Jan- couldn't have asked for a better time to be stuck inside! (Although at the time I wanted to run!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's still SO dark here in the mornings. Maybe because I'm in the south? I can't wait for it to start getting light earlier, although it means hot weather, which I'm not excited about lol.

    ReplyDelete