A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, February 16, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...




After the craziness of the past two weeks, I am excited for a return to normalcy.
That being said, we had a great weekend!








I awoke dark and early at 3am, but I didn't care. I was still riding high from the great news we learned the day before!


My heart wanted to go for a nice, slow, "longish" run before work, but according to the news, it was very windy out, and the windchill was -8 degrees! I realized my "longish" run would have to wait. But I still bundled up and my warmest cold gear and stuck close to my house- just in case Paul needed me or the cold got to be too much. My second toe went numb around mile 1.5, so I was going to call it quits, but by mile 2 my toe was all warm and toasty, so I just kept going! Around mile 4.5, a bead of sweat froze on my upper lip. That's when I knew it was time to head home. I made it an even 5 miles.

Cat hair on my Garmin screen.


It's a good thing I got a run in because the students gave me all kinds of sweets for Valentine's Day...

They know I love cats!

After work, Paul and I met my parents for a yummy meal at Da Vinci's Italian Eatery. I did the opposite of what you are supposed to do... I didn't order a salad and I ate lots from the bread basket! Da Vinci's bread is sooooo good. Then I had Salmon Imperial, which is salmon over angel hair with lumps of crab meat.

My awesomely funny parents.
We laughed so hard!

My awesomely funny most favorite person in the world!

After dinner, I dropped Paul off at his buddy's house. Then I went straight to the grocery store to get him something for Valentine's Day. It was packed with dudes doing last minute shopping. Apparently, I was the only lady who waited until the last minute. 

I wanted to buy him some chocolate covered strawberries (he loves them!) but they didn't have them. So I ended up buying the ingredients to make them myself. I went home and got all "Edible Arrangements" up in my kitchen!

Not the most beautiful looking things but they tasted good!




Here is my day in pictures...

Chocolate covered bacon (in the shape of  a rose, no less!) from Paul!

I lifted at Planet Fitness.
This is the first time I did legs in MONTHS.

I finished with a ladder workout. 
My arms and legs were shaking.


Bob and Rachel came over for dinner and games!


We made it all romantic for them!


Dollar Tree rose petals. Yes, we're adults.




Woooweeee was I experiencing some MAJOR DOMS on Sunday. Actually, it crept in on Saturday night, but was in full swing on Sunday morning. What a perfect day for a rest day! Especially because it was -33 with the windchill!

I tried my chocolate covered bacon rose with my breakfast. It was disgusting and I spit it out. The bacon tasted like it wasn't cooked... it was all soft. Even though I didn't swallow it, the taste really upset my stomach and despite taking a couple Tums, it still felt weird the rest of the day.

In an effort to do something other than lay around all day, Paul and I went to a big antique gallery that's pretty much right down the street. We had a great time looking around and I even got this awesome book for $3...

It's from 1957 and and is a "how to" for good Christian teenagers 
to have fun without going too far. It is hilarious!
Did you ever have chocolate covered bacon? What did you think?
How did you celebrate Valentine's Day?

17 comments:

  1. I think you should really share a couple of tips from that book - sounds too funny!!

    I was also the only lady picking up last minute v-day gifts at the store. Adam was in Finland all last week for work so I was quite lazy all week and had to rush to the store right before picking him up at the airport!

    How is your knee feeling after leg day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knee is still good AND I ran today. I don't want to jinx myself but this is progress! Thank you for asking. :)

      Dang I didn't know Adam traveled so afar. :)

      Delete
  2. It's a shame the chocolate covered bacon didn't taste better as it sounds amazing! Great news about Paul!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I feel like if the bacon had been burnt I would have liked it. I do like chocolate covered potato chips. :)

      Delete
  3. I can't imagine sweat freezing on your face...it sounds like an oxymoron lol! I love the fake flower petals and the book...too funny! I hope you'll share some of the book's best tips ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg it is an oxymoron. It was so cold but my clothes were DRENCHED in sweat when I got back.

      Delete
  4. I made my family homemade French toast from homemade cinnamon swirl bread, and made them cookies for later in the day. It is my tradition to hang hearts from the doorway of their bedrooms from streamers with silly Valentine's day poems to "surprise" them in the morning. However this is getting harder to do as they are staying up later--I was all, "go to bed so I can hang up your Valentine's!"
    Glad you had a great day.
    Chocolate covered bacon--don't even want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that is cute! Now that we are older, my mom gets us AAA membership for vday. I am very thankful for that gift!

      I looooove French toast. :) Sounds like your family got some good 'ol momma pampering on Sat!

      Delete
  5. That antique book sounds amazing. I agree with Kristina, you should definitely share some highlights!

    So glad to hear that you and Paul got good news. That is really wonderful.

    We went to dinner and a movie for V-Day. It was really fun. We don't really do extra gifts on top of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a fun date. :) What movie did you see?

      I shall have to do a post on "Secrets of Fun and Success" from 1957 ;)

      Delete
    2. We saw The Imitation Game with Benedict Cumberbatch. Really good!!!

      Delete
  6. The idea of chocolate covered bacon sort of grosses me out - cute idea though!!
    And, -33??? That is insane - I wouldn't have ventured out at all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not a huge bacon fan to begin with, but idea of chocolate covered bacon repulses me. It seems like all of a sudden they have added bacon to everything-bacon doughnuts, bacon chocolate, bacon cookies, etc. Yuck! I am sure I would have done just what you did-spit it out. My Valentine's Day was very low key, spent at home with my 3 boys (my husband and 2 little doggies) with Thai food-perfect ;) I am only 34, but I have always acted more like a 60 year old. I am boring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I drove 8 hours to San Luis Obispo to visit my brother for the weekend. It was a nice, long, romantic drive. With my mom... ;-) Chocolate covered bacon does sound rather...disgusting. But I am not a huge bacon eater. I love it in things, but I can't stomach eating whole pieces of bacon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I had to google map where San Luis Obispo is. What a heck of a drive! Did you take Route 1?

      Delete