A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Sunday, January 25, 2015

"Weekly" Workout Re-Cap!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



This was my second week of no running!
The first week sucked. I had a couple low days where I felt "fat" and bloated.
But I haven't cheated! Are you proud of me?


1/18- I went for a 4 mile walk in the morning by myself and then a 5 mile walk with my friend Bree in the afternoon. I was very tired after all that walking! I also of course did some mobility work. I skipped the glute activation for the first time in a week. Figured I'd give my ass a little bit of a rest!



1/19- 



Voodoo Floss Video Pt. 1 & Pt. 2


1/20- Super long walk before work!





1/21- 2 mile walk before work, then 2 mile walk at night- w/ Paul in the beautiful snow! It was gorgeous. We had an early dismissal, so when I got home, I did lots of mobility work and a couple upper body lifts. We were supposed to go to the gym but the roads were NOT good.

1/22- 2 mile walk and another chest and mobility workout- very similar to the one posted above!

1/23- Lifting back and mobility work at Planet Fitness!




1/24- Snowy 5 mile walk... and... you guessed it... mobility work.


I miss running but I do really enjoy my walks!

16 comments:

  1. Great job! I am proud of you. What day do you see your chiro?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that walking physically hurts me. I ran 15 miles yesterday, but the thought of walking 5 miles kills me. It takes SO long! You have the willpower of a goddess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 15! That's more than you ran in awhile right??? Hope it was fun. :) Walking 5 miles does take a long time. Luckily, I have some good podcasts!

      Delete
  3. Great job ;) Nothing is like running, but I honestly think the combination of running and walking is perfect. After a run, talking my dogs for a walk (if I have the time) stretches the legs and really feels great. Keep in my mind I regrettably got little dogs-the 4 pound chihuahua walks about a 20 min/mile if I'm lucky, so it is not speed walking! I wish you luck at your appointment and hope that things keep heading in the right direction....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had dogs to walk :) Would make the warm up/cool down much more enjoyable!

      I plan to walk every day I run as a warm up and cool down.

      Delete
  4. I'll bet walking gives you a great chance to look around and really enjoy the atmosphere in a way running doesn't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct! It is fun to look at all the weird houses in my neighborhood. I see things I don't normally see. Also, I daydream more...

      Delete
  5. I walk when I have a lot of shows on my DVR and can't run - I don't mind it with good shows and a steep incline!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah an incline would make you feel the burn and get those endorpins going!

      Delete
  6. That is awesome that you are still getting out and walking a lot. A lot of people would just shut down if they could not run. When you are walking do you listen to music/podcasts or anything?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do! I pretty much great up the same way I would if I were running. It really helps to fill the void.... just by sticking to routine, you know?

      Delete
  7. You've put in a serious commitment to walking! When I say I'm going for a walk I'm usually talking 1-3 miles max. A good podcast would definitely help make it less boring. What are you listening to now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! There's nothing else to do. :)

      Listening to Stuff You Missed in History Class and of course, Rob Has A Podcast. Even bought one of his audio books about Survivor and it is 13 hours long!

      Delete