A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, January 5, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Boo hoo, it's back to work after 12 days off. Not complaining, just sad to be back to the grind. I really enjoyed all the time at home with Paul and the kitty cats, as well as seeing my family a lot more than usual. Let's hope this winter goes FAST! I am hopeful it will.








Fun fact: I get insomnia over Christmas break, too! Thursday night was my second night (not in a row) of not being able to fall asleep. I was up until 2am and had to get up at 6:30am to run.

The reason for such and early morning run was my chiro appointment at 8:50am. Normally he is running late and I have to wait 20-25 minutes past my appointment time until he sees me. Today I was the third appointment of the day and only had to wait 4 minutes. Woohoo!

I was extremely tired all day and wasn't much fun at all. Picture a rag doll. That was me. I still managed to meet my girlfriends for lunch and have my parents over for a quick, impromptu dinner. They brought over a secretary for me that used to be in my grandparent's house. It is beautiful, and I am so happy to have something to remember their home by.



I fell asleep on the basement couch immediately after whooping Paul's but in Jeopardy. Lack of sleep really messes me up!





I slept extremely well on Friday night (score!), but woke up to hail and freezing rain. No running for me. Instead, I did a HIIT(ish) workout in my carport. I will give you all the deets on that in my "Weekly" Workout Recap in a few days.

That day, we were celebrating Christmas with my dad's side of the family. We ordered pizza (it's been the tradition for as long as I can remember), exchange gifts, and then just hung out for the rest of the day. I love my family!



Auntie Eileen (whom I take after), Aunt Patti, and Grandma.

My brother and his daughter, Clementine. (I caught her mid whimper.)
Tyler just got his wisdom teeth out the day before, hence the chipmunk cheeks.

Games with the cousins!

That's me in the purple beret. My cousin got it for me. It is from Paris and I love it!
This winter, I will be known as "The Girl in the Purple Beret".


The cats were a little pissed that we left them home all day long and missed their 4 o'clock feeding. (They also get fed at 5am, 11am, 9pm, and a nighty-nighty, so despite their dramatics, they were not STARVING.)

So disgruntled.




Sunday was the most depressing day ever. It was rainy and foggy, my run sucked, I had to clean the whole house and put away all the Christmas decorations... and I had to go to work the next day, which meant I would surely have trouble sleeping that night.

Oh, and at some point this weekend, this happened:



I will leave you with a picture of my three boys from earlier in the week...



Tell me something fun about your weekend!

15 comments:

  1. Those things are called secretaries? Who knew!

    Ugh, I'm totally feeling you this morning. I always call this "the hardest Monday of the year." It doesn't help that I'm diving into a stressful busy day with a bunch of work I'm behind on. Ugh. That's the thing about great vacations - they just make it so hard to go back!!

    Glad you got to have Xmas with your family. I love your pizza ordering tradition - low key relaxing holidays are the best. My BFs family has a tradition of Chinese food on Xmas eve. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess they are technically called "secretary desks" because the slanted part flips down to a desk and there are cubby holes inside for mail, papers, bills, and such. :)

      We used to have shrimp and Chinese on Christmas day!

      Delete
  2. I need to convince my family to start your tradition of pizza on Christmas Eve! Today is my first day back at work as well and I am dreading going in. I wish vacation could last forever.
    I hope you are having a great day back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh my Sunday was dreadful too, just knowing I had work the next day.

    Nothing beats holiday traditions with family, this are the things we remember above everything else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like everyone was depressed this Sunday! I am certainly not glad others were depressed, but there is comfort in numbers!

      Delete
  4. Our basement flooded on Saturday thanks to a bad pipe - oops, that wasn't fun:)
    I still have Christmas stuff up - it will be part of this week's fun to take it all down and clean.
    Hope your first day back at work for the year was a great one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No that is no fun!

      Work was fine. I determined the ANTICIPATION of work is worse than actual work!

      Delete
  5. Wasn't Sunday just SO depressing?! I agree that this winter better go fast!! I think January is the worst month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. March sucks for me too, for some reason! When I was running this morning, I was thinking about how I wished I lived somewhere sunny and warm all year long. But then again, I would miss all the good smells- the fall smells, the winter smells... even just the smell of cool air is good!

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh, Clementine is seriously such a cute name! (And she's a cute baby, too!) Sometimes I want kids JUST so I can name them, which is a terrible idea. But I have such a long list of names I'd want to use haha.

    Going back to school today was rough. The kids were GREAT but I was exhausted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet there is a list you DON'T want to name them, too ;)

      Delete
  7. That first day back is ROUGH. My husband and I couldn't sleep on Sunday night and were restless just thinking about post-holiday schedules and going back to work. I am finally starting to sleep better again, but it was so bad at the beginning of the week.

    I LOVE Apples to Apples!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you are sleeping better! I have been so exhausted I had no choice but to sleep!

      Delete
  8. I understand the insomnia thing! It's the stress!!!!!

    ReplyDelete