A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, October 28, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday


By the time Friday rolled around, I was so ready for the weekend! Work was work. I won't bore you with the details of that!

After work, Paul and I went shopping for Halloween costumes. We have a wedding rehearsal dinner on Halloween Night and we're supposed to dress in costume. I won't tell you what we're going to as, but here is a hint...



Can you guess what we're going to be!?


Then we headed to Wal-Mart to stock up on some essentials... cat litter, cleaning supplies, and cauliflower. (The 3 Cs!!) Wal-Mart has increasingly become our Friday night dating hot spot.




We got Chrissy a double wide scratch pad.
He actually fits on this one!


By the time we got home form Wal-Mart, we were STARVING, so we ordered some pizza by the slice from Nikoli's and I made some yummy roasted cauliflower.



It was DIVINE!!


Then we tried out Freaks and Geeks on Netflix. It's good, but I'm not in love with it yet. James Franco is in it, who's always interesting. Seth Rogen is in it, who I can't stand! My favorite character so far is Sam.





What a cutie!



Saturday

I won't tell you how long I slept in on Saturday because it is absolutely shameful.

We had lunch at my brother's house with his family and my mom and dad.

Warning: Cute baby pictures ahead!!!






Ellie and Grandpa!



Ellie and Uncle Paul!



Grandpa got tired...



Ellie and her Daddy!


When I got home, I fueled up with some Honey Nut Cherrios (my new favorite pre-run food!!!) and managed to run 4 miles before I decided to stop. My groin was feeling better but it wasn't 100%. I finished up my workout with...


90 Push Ups
100 Burpees
100 Mountain Climbers
100 Jump Squats
200 Bicycles
900 Jump Rope Rotations


Yes, it was pretty terrible! But I am thankful my body could do it!

After my workout, I had just enough time to help Paul clean the house and make my world famous pumpkin cookies before Emily and Jake came over for a fun game night. It's always nice to have a fun excuse to clean the house!



Games out, ready to roll!



Fuel for game night!


Jake won every game. Except Catchphrase, which the gals dominated!


Emily has a blog called House in the Heights. It's a home improvement/decor focused blog. You should check it out!

The cats apparently wanted to show off for our guests. Christmas kept jumping up on the counters, Jelly power puked in the basement, and then ran through the dining room with a huge piece of puhp on his butt. There is no shame in their game!!!



Sunday


Sunday morning was glorious. I fiddled on my computer and a kitty cat came on my lap to visit me. I really needed that. The last kitty cat who was on my lap was Basic, and that was about a week and a half ago.




Jelly knew I needed some lovin'.


Chrissy is a piece of work.


Then I ran 5 miles and FINALLY MOWED THE LAWN! Just the front yard, though. I wasn't ready to commit to the backyard yet.

That afternoon, I met my friend Bree and her lovely daughter for what turned out to be a two hour walk through New Cumberland. I don't understand how we were gone that long because time just FLEW by! Oh well, I guess we are endurance athletes.

On the way home I stopped by Dollar General. They had Christmas decorations out!! Wahoo!!





Don't worry, I didn't buy any. I was there to get some powder. I got the generic kind for $2. Some sacrifices must be made for Hawaii!!



L.A. Colors hahaha! It ain't Cover Girl!


I get pretty mopey on Sundays, which is funny because Paul LOVES Sundays (due to football). Luckily, we have DVR, so we do get to spend some time together on Sundays, and he just finishes football when I go to bed. We watched two episodes of Freaks and Geeks while we ate dinner.

Welp, I'm hitting the hay early tonight. It's going to be a busy week. Tomorrow (Monday) am, I am determined to get back on a legit training schedule. That means:

Mon-Wed-Fri = Lifting
Tue-Thurs-Sat-Sun = Running, Arc Trainer, or HIIT

It's not a super strict schedule but the important part is the lifting. As long as that is on track, I'm pretty lenient on the other four days of the week.


I hope you had a great weekend!!!


1 comment:

  1. I laughed out loud at the part about your cats 'showing off'. Ellie is so cute!

    ReplyDelete