A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Sunday, October 6, 2013

I hate insomnia!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



I had a huge case of insomnia last night. It was one of those nights where I would sleep for an hour, then wake up and feel like I had already slept for 5 hours. When I finally woke up for the last time at 3am, I was wide awake and about to just get up and start the day. 

But I didn't. I got out my phone and played solitaire for over an hour. I love playing solitaire on my phone. It usually makes me nice and sleepy. Not this time! I still could not fall asleep. And I don't know about you, but when I can't fall asleep, my mind wanders... not to good things, to bad things.



I swear, for the next hour, I thought of every horrible moment in my life! I started thinking about a dumb email I sent at work last week with misinformation on it. I thought about student teaching (9 years ago!!!) which was the most horrible time in my life! I relived the 10 hours Paul was in surgery...

Then Jelly came up to visit me. He must have known. He meowed, stood on my chest, and then drank some water from his cup on the bedside table. After a few minutes, he jumped down.

Then Christmas came up to visit me! He laid his big furry body right beside me, put his paw on my arm, and laid his head on my hand. Wow. I wish you could have seen it! He has done this before, but not for a while When he does it, usually it's a phase, which means I should look forward to this happening the next couple nights as well!



I FINALLY FELL ASLEEP!! I have no clue what time. I was too afraid to look! While I slept, I had some crazy dreams...


I dreamed... 

- No one was flushing the toilets at work. 
(DISGUSTING!!!)


- The Boston Marathon was this Monday and they wouldn't let me run it because of my knee brace. And then I forgot to cancel my hotel room, so I was out several hundred dollars.



- Congress voted to reduce Jodi Arias' prison sentence to 15 years. 
I was BAWLING! (In my dream.)




At 9am, I woke up and there were 2 kitty cats laying on the bed with me. As soon as I opened my eyes, they perked up. They wanted their breakfast! I decided to get out of bed and make their dream come true!

I have no clue why I get insomnia. Sometimes it's because I'm stressed about work, but I was not stressed about work last night. And I wasn't stressed about anything going on today, because I have NOTHING going on today. (And I like that!)



What do you do when you can't fall asleep? Does it happen to you often?

No comments:

Post a Comment