A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, October 14, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Friday

I'm really losing my mojo. By the time Fridays roll around, I have no desire or energy to do anything fun at all. 

But when I got home from work, Paul was feeling pretty chipper and was excited to go spend some Kohls Cash. So I bucked up, showered, drank some coffee, and rolled with the punches. We went to Kohls and got him 2 pairs of pj pants and 2 shirts, thanks to some of my Kohls Cash and some my momma gave me. (Thanks, Mom!)

Then we headed to Wegmans to get the essentials- ice cream and dinner. We had some gift cards from my friends I work worth. (Thanks EPE, friends!) I had sushi and some yummy veggies. Paul got pizza. I ate the crusts!

When we got home, we had a lazy evening watching an old movie from our high school days... Can't Hardly Wait!

My knee has been feeling really good! I did notice that spinning irritates it, but the arc trainer does not. So, Arc trainer it is. I also did something to my shoulder. For some reason, it suddenly started hurting really bad tonight when I move it a certain way.

I'm falling apart!!!


Saturday

Well, my shoulder was feeling a lot better this morning, and continued to feel better throughout the day. Crisis adverted!

Saturday morning, I went to Hawaii for a few hours. Not for real. I was planning our trip. There is sooooo much to research, With only a week or so in paradise, we want to make sure we don't waste a second. I don't just want to go to the beach. I want to go to the BEST beach. I don't want to hike to just any old waterfall. I want to hike to the BEST waterfall. And I don't want sushi, I want THE BEST SUSHI ON THE BIG ISLAND!!!


By the time we get to Hawaii, I will feel like I have already been there!

Saturday afternoon I had a date with the arc trainer. I don't know how to describe how this machine is different than the elliptical, but it is. And I found a sweet spot in the resistance and incline to make it feel like I am actually running. I did an hour on the thing, and I was going HARD!!! I had a headache and a sore throat when I was done. Not good. But at least I pushed myself.

Then Paul and I went on a gorgeous 5k walk, which included the following beautiful sights...





These photos were taken in the summer... so just try to picture
the leaves changing colors and what not.

It was really hilly, too! We were sweating by the time we got back to the car.

After our walk we were starving. We went home and got fancied up. Then we headed over to Bonefish Grille. We weren't super excited to try the place out, but we had a gift card, so we figured, why not? Then I checked their menu online and saw they had a drink called "The Best Damn Dirty Martini". UMMMMM, now I was excited!!! Unfortunately, there was a HUGE wait for a table. I had no clue that place was so popular.



We ended up at The Pizza Grille instead. Paul got seafood chowder and magherita pizza. I got a salmon ceaser salad. It had the BIGGEST piece of salmon on it that I ever saw in my LIFE. I wish I had thought to take a picture of it before I had eaten 3/4 of the salmon...






It must be homecoming season, because there were a lot of high school kids at The Pizza Grille. Can I just say, the dresses these girls are wearing these days are EXTREMELY inappropriate??? I swear, it was like a contest to see who could wear the shortest dress. This one girl wore a tight black dress that only JUST covered her bum.

I have a confession to make. I drank a Pepsi Max before I went to bed Saturday night. You see, I had a really bad headache and sore throat. And you know how when you are feeling crappy, a nice carbonated beverage makes you feel better, even just momentarily? Well, I broke down and drank it. 

It was divine.


Sunday

Sunday was an extremely lazy day. I feel bad that I even have to bore you with the details. I watched a lot of Sex and the City, I did a lot of housework, and I switched out my summer clothes for my fall clothes in my closet. I worked out, made butternut squash, and did some more Hawaii planning.

I told you it was not an exciting day!

The best part was going on an evening walk with my hubby. We have been getting in the habit of walking the neighborhood at night. The best part about these walks is it doesn't matter what I wear...



Case in point!!!


I hope your Sunday was more exciting than mine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment