A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, June 15, 2019

Weekly Workouts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



This week was full of SO. MUCH. TRAIL! I am so thankful to have the time in the summer to do a lot of trail running! My plantar fasciitis has gotten better as well! Things seem to be right in the world again...


Saturday- 8 miles on the AT. I parked at Trindle and did my normal 4 miles out and back. I got to run through my favorite part of the trail!



Unfortunately the bugs were RELENTLESS. It was like running through a wall of bugs! Don't worry, they died on impact.


Not dirt... dead bugs! Freaking gross!

Sunday- 5 mile mountain run. It was a very emotionally draining day, so to cheer myself up and make myself feel strong, I ran up my mountain.






Up!


Down!

Monday- 30 minutes arc trainer, lifting upper body, and an AT hike with Bree and her beautiful newfie, Ursa! Bree randomly texted me to see if I wanted to hike so we met at the trail and did 3.14 miles. That means we get to eat pie after, right!? It was rainy but lovely! After the hike, I went to Planet Fitness for the rest of my workout... which obviously wasn't as lovely.




 I can really get my heart rate up on the arc trainer!

Tuesday- 5 mile trail run. I drove down to Pine Grove Furnace State park to hike/run up to the Pole Steeple Overlook. Then I hooked up with the AT and the Mountain Creek Trail to create a nice little 5 mile loop for myself. It was fun to explore a new place!






Wednesday- 6 neighborhood miles. I can't remember the last time I ran my neighborhood route! I'm developing quite the runner's tan right now... You know, the sports bra and Garmin outline??


Thursday- Speedy 5 miler in my hood. I had every intention of arc training for 60 minutes. I even drove to the gym. They were closed! Apparently they are closed for three days! I was enraged, and also in a time crunch because I was meeting friends for lunch. I zipped over to another Planet Fitness and that one was closed too! WTF? I was really angry at this point as I had basically just driven around for a half hour and couldn't find a gym that was open. So I went for a very fast and angry 5 miler around my neighborhood.


Friday- 60 minutes on the arc trainer & 2 mile run. The gym was open! And once I got on the arc trainer, I realized why it had been closed... a lot of the cardio equipment was replaced with newer equipment. I always get annoyed when the machines change. It's like I finally feel like I mastered how to use one and now I need to learn all the buttons on the new one! I have to say I am ashamed for running 2 miles later in the afternoon because the only reason I did it was because I had a lot of Indian food for lunch. That's not a good reason to run extra miles.
How were your workouts this week?

5 comments:

  1. Super happy your foot is all healed up! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's up with the gym being closed for so many days? Remodel? But also the other one too? Glad your PF is feeling good. I was shocked that we didn't have any mosquitos on vacation. I did come home with a zillion itchy bumps from something unknown though. I didn't feel anything biting me, and it's not poison ivy. Bizarre, and terrible looking (because of course I scratched and they are all scabs now...).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ewww I wonder what bit you up!? Well I went to the gym yesterday and there were a bunch of new cardio machines so I assume that was the reason!

      Delete
  3. Glad that your world is right again! I keep trying to "Want" to go for a run and thought I would get a schedule I could stick to once school was out but My priority right now is Baylee and that's okay. Just this week I've finally admitted to myself that maybe "this isn't my season" and I should be okay with the running hiatus even if it means that I don't do any runs or races for the rest of the year. I don't know. I still enjoy reading about your runs though! -M

    ReplyDelete