A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, June 17, 2019

Weekend Wrap Up!

 


Even though I don't blog every day anymore, Weekend Wrap Up posts are still my favorite to write! I hope you enjoy the peak into my life...
I could have slept forever on Friday! I have found the MAGIC dosage of pills to ensure I have a good night of sleep... 1 trazodone and 25mg of dyphenhydramine. This helps me fall asleep and fall back asleep when the cats wake me up. Unfortunately, it also makes me not want to get up in the morning, but that is okay. Once I'm up I feel fine. Yay! Now let's see how long this lasts...

Because I willed myself to get out of bed, I was able to get 60 minutes on the arc trainer before meeting Andrea for lunch. I watched the Aerosmith/Nsync Superbowl Halftime Show to pass the time. People at the gym probably think I'm nuts!

Andrea and I met at Namaste in Lemoyne. Their lunch buffet had lots of options and was only $10.95! We tried a little bit of everything and went back for seconds for the things we liked the most. I don't even know what I was eating, but it was 
good.



Andrea and baby Louis!


After lunch I ran 2 miles because the crazy part of my brain made me feel like I had to after eating all of that Indian food. 

Later on that afternoon I headed over to my brother's house to hang out with my family! It was me, my parents, Tyler and Debby, and their three kiddos. We laughed so hard!


Clementine and I did our Snapchat thang!

 Clark calls his xylophone a violin...
It is adorable!!!!


Clark and Grandpa sumo wrestled...


That evening I made my first old fashioned... bourbon, simple syrup, bitters, a cherry, and an orange slice. Divine!

I had no plans for the day. Literally, nothing on my calendar. It certainly was nice to sleep in and have no agenda but soon I was getting antsy for something to do.

I decided to tackle one of my summer goals- hike/run up Flat Rock at Colonel Denning State Park. I hiked this trail with Andrea a few months ago but I wanted to do it on my own. It was pretty in March but I have to say it was even more pretty in June. Everything was so green!








It gets really steep toward the top. 
The pics don't do the grade justice!





I was ravenous when I got home! I ate a bunch of tofu dipped in BBQ sauce (I eat tofu now!), a Greek yogurt, and a bunch of pretzels!

That evening I just did all kinds of housework and chilled. I was looking for a new show to start watching on Netflix. All my Facebook friends recommended Dead to Me, so that's what I started. So far I am enjoying it! I've always liked Christina Applegate.

I was supposed to meet Allison for a trail run this morning but my foot felt a little crunchy so I decided not to. Instead, I slept in with the kitties. Then I headed to the gym to lift and break a sweat on the arc trainer.

I'll be honest, I didn't feel great emotionally today. I was just kind of blah and depressed about nothing and everything. I still tackled my to do list which included cleaning the shower. So the day wasn't a total waste.

However, the day ended well. I headed over to Bree's for sushi. It was great to spend time with my friend. I really needed it!

Tell me something fun you did this weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, the view from the top of that trail is beautiful! And I'm glad you felt better after spending time with your friend yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trail day looks wonderful! I did yard work this weekend, dont k ow if that counts as fun but I felt accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a fun weekend... and what a nice trail to run on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a week late, but looks like you had good stuff going on last weekend! And at least you didn't get the splatter of bugs on this trail run; I went on a run last weekend along the river and ended up choking on some sort of bug :-x

    ReplyDelete