A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, June 10, 2019

Weekend Wrap Up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 


Happy Monday, friends. It is a dreary, rainy, cool day in Central PA. I wish the sun was shining but that's okay. I know there is a lot of sun coming our way this summer. Speaking of summer... Summer Megan is HERE!!!!!!!!!!




Here's what I was up to my first weekend 


of Summer Break!
I was up so late on Thursday night so 5:15 came fast and hard...



Being up late is no excuse to skip the gym, so I was there bright and early to lift and do 30 minutes on the arc trainer. After the gym I felt a little more awake.



Then it was off to school for the last work day of the school year. The children were done but the teachers still had 7.75 hours to put in...

And we were literally just putting. in. time. We couldn't be in our school because they are renovating it, so it was totally off limits. We were stuck in the middle school cafeteria just... literally sitting around.

When we arrived, everyone was all business on their Chromebooks doing the one or two tasks assigned to us. But the tasks didn't take long, and as the day wore on, we started to realize how STUPID it was that we had to be there! 

Lunch was a nice break in the day. I squeezed in a chiro appointment...




Then it was back to school for another two hours and forty minutes of just sitting around. Dee was painting her nails. Tara was in the corner listening to podcasts on her headphones. Everyone else was just standing around shooting the shit, just waiting to leave.




It was when my friends Katrina and Kim got out a ring toss game when I said to my principal in an exasperated voice, "Why are we HERE!?" Well that prompted him to check his phone and he had a message from the superintendent saying we could leave early. We all literally cheered. I may have jumped up and down...




It was nice getting home 45 minutes early. I wanted to mow the lawn before I went out that night. My house looks so nice with the lawn mowed. Now I just need someone to come in and weed wack for me!

That evening I met my friend Sarah and her boyfriend Ben at the Pizza Grille for dinner and drinks. They are both so funny and we were laughing and having a blast. After dinner we headed to Little Theater of Mechanicsburg to see a musical by Trey Parker (of South Park) called Cannibal. It was about the first man tried for cannibalism. The show was SO WEIRD. It was funny and weird and when it was over, I still wasn't sure what I had experienced!





I went home and did wash before I went to bed. I have been known to do wash late at night in the summer... and now it's officially summer!
I slept until 9:30. I could have kept going but I needed to be out of the house by 10 because people were coming to move stuff. I woke up a couple times that morning thinking, "Ugh, I have to go to school today," and then remembered, No, I don't have to go to school until August 21!

Since I couldn't be home most of the day, I filled my day with all kinds of fun activities.

First I went to Starbucks to drink coffee, wake up, and fiddle on my computer. You know, all the things I would have done in the morning if I was at home!


Then I went for a trail run. I almost went to Pinchot because I could get in the lake after. But I am such a homebody, and I ended up at my normal spot on Trindle. What can I say, I'm a creature of habit!

It was beautiful out and very hot. There were TONS of bugs. By the time my run was over, I had a bunch of dead bugs all over my face, neck, arms, and even EYES. It was absolutely disgusting!


That's not dirt, that is DEAD BUGS!
I did not notice they were on me until wiped my neck after my run!

At least I got to run by my favorite spot...



I showered at the gym and then I headed back to Starbucks for lunch and an iced coffee. I sat outside because it was so gorgeous. Oh, I finally wore the shirt my mom got me. How cute, right???



Later that night I went out for Thai with some girlfriends! I would call them "Work Friends" but they are more than that. They are Real. Life. Friends.

Kait, Tara, Molly, Me!

I forgot to take my sleeping pills so I woke up dark and early at 4:30. Four hours of sleep? Whatever. Time to take on the day!

Except I didn't feel like taking on the day. I didn't feel great emotionally. But I knew what would make me feel better... ORGANIZING! I organized my entire house, starting with the Tupperware drawers. I was determined to throw out anything that didn't have a matching lid.


The rest of the morning and early afternoon was emotionally draining. I wasn't even sure I wanted to workout, that's how off I was. I finally decided that the only thing that could lift my spirits and make me feel strong was running up my mountain. So that's what I did!



That evening I went to see my friend Randy perform in his improv group called The Oxymorons. They perform the second Sunday of every month at The Comedy Zone, which is really close to my house. It was a very funny show and I laughed so hard! I got to spend the night with Randy's fiance Michael, so it was great to catch up with him as well!

Randy and Michael

Josh, Sarah, Liz

Running up a mountain, friends, and improv. A great way to end the day!

Oh, and Wendy's. Can't forget Wendy's. I was starving after the show so I stopped for a Jr. Cheeseburger Deluxe, Kiddie fry, and small Frosty. I don't eat fast good a lot, but when I do, this is exactly what I get. It was delicious and just the right amount of food. I wasn't stuffed afterwards!

Tell me something fun you did this weekend!
Did you ever run through a wall of bugs that stuck to you?
Who wants to go see improv with me next time!?
Chocolate or vanilla Frosty? (I do chocolate!)

7 comments:

  1. I did not even realize frosties came in vanilla, I've only ever got chocolate!

    Wow, that is a ton of bugs! Did they bother you while running? How did you prevent them from getting in your mouth?

    Yea, I would have been really annoyed to have to stay at school and not even be able to work in my own class room and get things done. That is ridiculous! Just shows that they want you to "put in time" just for the sake of putting in your time. How dare teachers get one extra free day?

    My first official summer break day, I went to the QVC Beauty Bash. I shared a bit on Insta but maybe I will blog about it.

    I hope you have a great Summer Megan. Enjoy your first week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the bugs did bother me! If I opened my mouth they got inside!

      That sounds like the perfect first day of summer for you!

      Delete
  2. I had to laugh when you said you may have been jumping up and down. We went to a gender reveal BBQ on Sunday and I KNEW they were having a girl and when they candles showed pink smoke I actually was jumping up and down! LOL. Girl you had such a busy weekend. Fun stuff for sure! I was super glad we had some time to chat this weekend, too! For us it was very early dinner out w/ friends Friday (on the patio at Rock Bottom!), graduation and BBQ Saturday and BBQ Sunday. Not as much down time as I like but it's OK. I got all my Sunday stuff done in the morning so that is all that matters. Then I go into Monday feeling ready!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL why were you so excited for a girl?? Hehehe. I am SO THANKFUL to have your friendship and that you were able to chat with me when I needed you. I told my therapist all about you and how you helped me. :)

      Delete
    2. I was so happy because I knew they were having a girl. And they are! Rick guessed boy so anytime I can "beat" him I am happy. JK. LOL. I'm so thankful for our friendship! So thankful.

      Delete
  3. What has happened with Paul? He seems to have disappeared from the blog. Have you guys split up? Is his health OK?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brandon! Paul is in excellent health. We are divorcing and have been separated for a couple months. I'll explain more when it is finalized.

      Delete