A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, June 8, 2019

Weekly Workouts!


Last week I was dealing with some heel pain and the beginning stages of plantar fasciitis. I usually get a case of PF once every three years or so.

When I feel it coming on, I stop running and go to my chiro for a couple sessions of ART. So that's what I did  and luckily, it hasn't turned into full blown PF. But I'm still nursing it!

Instead of a ton of running, I am doing a lot of lifting as well as the arc trainer. The arc trainer is boring but it's no joke. I can get my heart rate up really high and get in a good sweat session. It's not enjoyable but 
Lady Gaga videos make the arc trainer more fun...


Saturday- 6 hot neighborhood miles. I  just needed to run and I wanted to try out the 'ol foot. Luckily, I ran with no pain and experienced no pain the rest of the day. Hopefully I wake up tomorrow morning with no pain too!



Sunday- 60 minutes on the arc trainer. I woke up with no heel pain! I really wanted to run, but I am proud to say I played it safe and spent an hour doing intervals on the arc trainer while watching Lady Gaga videos.



Monday- 1 mile run, 35 minutes arc trainer in the morning, then 10 minutes in the afternoon. Unfortunately, I felt a little bit of pain on the side of my heel during my run this morning. My run was supposed to be 6 miles. I stopped short because I don't want to run with even a little pain. I didn't have much time before work so I was only able to get 35 minutes in on the arc trainer. Don't worry, I went back after work between therapy and my chiropractor session for another 10 minutes. I may be messed up in the head... Who goes to the gym for TEN MINUTES!? Me.

Oh, later that night I vacuumed and logged it on my Garmin, just for fun. I hit a vacuuming PR... My whole house in less than 15 minutes!!!


I went to the chiro that night and he scraped the shit out of my foot and really annihilated my calves. I think I will have bruising.

Tuesday- 60 minutes on the arc trainer. Again, Lady Gaga made it more bearable. I really like that song, Telephone!

Wednesday- 5 miles on the AT after school. I felt soooooo good. I parked at Sherwood and ran up to the overlook. More pictures and stories from that run here.


UP!

DOWN!


Thursday- 60 minutes on the arc trainer. I had a little heel pain in the morning but nothing too bad.

Friday- Lifting & 30 minutes on the arc trainer. My foot felt fine but I want to run some trail tomorrow so I wanted to take it easy. I went to the chiro at lunch. That will help things too!
How were your workouts this week?
Did you ever track your vacuuming?

5 comments:

  1. How did your trail run go today? How's the foot? Better I hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trail run felt so good. Felt the heel a little this morning. My chiro thinks it's getting a lot better. He scrapes it twice a week.

      Delete
  2. I've only used an arc trainer a handful of times (well, less than a handful. Maybe twice?), but 60 minutes is insane!!!! I think I lasted 10.

    I managed a 2 mile run today and then did level one of Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30 dvd. And now I'm lying on the floor, unsure if/when I'll be able to get up.

    And vacuuming totally counts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg Jillian is hardcore! Did you watch The Biggest Loser back in the day? Paul and I loved that show.

      Delete
    2. I've never watched The Biggest Loser, but doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred in 2008 is what started my 'fitness journey' (for lack of a better phrase)...how I made it through those 30 days, I'll never undestand, as I don't have that willpower now!

      Delete