Today is my mom's birthday.
It's a big one. She's 60!
We will be celebrating as a family tomorrow at my brother's house. I'm excited to see her and give her some gifts!
Today I'm going to share 5 characteristics I inherited from my mom, because the older I get, the more I appreciate some of her best qualities!
1. Her LAUGH. I just have to start with this one. My mom has a very loud cackle and so do I!
2. Her appreciation for finding a good deal. When I was young, I never understood why my mom was obsessed with coupons and would only buy things on sale. Well, now I understand! And I'm sure you know that Paul and I tend do be frugal about certain things!
3. She's a bat shit crazy tree hugging liberal and so am I! The funny thing is, I don't ever remember her talking politics or hot button issues with me, not even in college. (It didn't interest me then.) Maybe it's just she and my dad instilled certain values in me that once I finally did start paying attention, I found that I cared deeply about many issues that end up being categorized as liberal.
4. My mom is very confident and she raised me to be confident as well. I'm sure I learned some of my confidence just from watching her do her thang, but I do remember many, many, MANY instances when she pumped me up and urged me to go after what I wanted because I was capable of doing it. She never made me feel like I wasn't capable of something. (I just want to clarify that she made me feel like I was something I wasn't or gave me an inflated ego. I mean, she didn't urge me to apply to Harvard bwahaha! I'm referring to just general sticking up for myself and speaking my mind types of things.)
5. Okay, let me explain this last one.... I confronted Paul and said, "Name a quality I share with my mom... 5, 4, 3, 2..." "YOU'RE HYPER!" he shouted. Hahaha! I am going to change that to PASSIONATE! My mom and I are both very passionate people.
I am so happy I have wonderful parents. You don't realize you have good parents until you're old and grown...
Obviously, since I'm a mom, I know exactly what it's like...
I know nothing! I bow down to mothers!!!! And fathers!
Here I am with two bad ass moms...
Mom, Grandma, and Me
HAPPY 60TH BIRTHDAY, MOM!!!!
I LOVE YOU!!!!
What are some of the qualities you and your mom share?