A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, December 9, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up - No Christmas Tree for us this year. :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Good Morning Blog Land. There are 16 days until Christmas! Are you ready? I am not. I still have gifts to wrap, cards to send, and cookies to make for my piano students. I am wondering when I am going to get all of this done. And how did I manage to get it all done in years past without being stressed about it? 

Oh well, here's a bit about my weekend...




I had to go into work early on Friday to make up some time when we had off due to a power outage. So I had to get up at 4:45am so I could get my workout in a be at work by 7am. It was a special day because I took my second graders on a field trip to the Scottish Rite Theater to see a performance of The Nutcracker. We go every year and it's always good, but this year I think it was better than usual, for some reason. Field trips are fun, but they're also stressful. Have you ever been on a school bus with 56 seven year olds?


After work I went to PT. You can read my rant about it here.

That night, Paul and I watched Christmas Vacation. What a classic. We noticed the glasses Clark Griswold wears in the beginning of the movie are the same dumb hipster glasses everyone is wearing now. 


Why do people wear these glasses? They are ugly!





I was up bright and early Saturday morning to go grocery shopping. I needed the ingredients to bake cookies for my piano students. I don't know if these cookies are actually going to get baked, but I at least have the ingredients!

My workout was a gorgeous 12 mile run. It was very hilly but I managed an 8 minute pace. 

After that, it was off to the Pennsylvania Christmas Gift show to see my mom and sister-in-law. Christmas is not complete without a trip there!


Mom made me a hat while we were there! Watch out, I will be wearing it every day!

Debby Dabbles                                                               Hats By Peach

  



It was on Saturday that Paul and I came to a sad realization. We cannot get a Christmas Tree this year. Normally, we have 3 trees- a small fake one, a large fake one, and a large real one. But not this year. The reason? Christmas. Not the holiday, the cat. You know he is on a diet, right? Well, he has taken to eating the fake greenery I hang for decoration. 

We covered the end of the greenery with a pillowcase (tied with a string) so he couldn't get to it. But at night, he ripped the pillowcase off. Then Paul used one safety pin the keep the pillowcase on. He ripped that off too. Now Paul finally rigged it with two safety pins and the valance wrapped around it...


He wrapped the valance around the pillow case.


The brown thing is the pillow case.


Double safety pinned.


It doesn't look too bad from afar.
The pillows are there to block as well.


All 'cause of this weirdo.


There's no way for us to keep him away from a real Christmas tree. It is sad. This will be the first year we don't have a real one. I'm bummed because going to buy a Christmas Tree is one of our traditions. We drive to a church up the road and buy it from a boy scout group.

Oh well, it's just more $$$ saved for Hawaii!! MELE KALIKIMAKA!

That night, I had the best dessert ever. While we were at the gift show, we bought a couple whoopee pies from and Amish stand. We got 2 oatmeal cream and 1 shoe fly. I had an oatmeal cream w/ vanilla ice cream for dessert. I ate 2/3 of it, took a half hour break and then had the rest of it!


It was divine.

You know how there are certain foods that are not healthy at ALL and they're laden with calories and sugar, yet they're STILL worth eating??? Yup, that's those whoopee pies. Worth every single graham of sugar. Pure bliss. Food isn't supposed to make you happy, but that whoopee pie made me quite pleased.




This happened on Sunday morning while I was chilling on the couch.
Ah, kitties!


 I got so much done on Sunday! You won't believe how productive I was!!!!


1. I Took my online CPR course. (For my certification I opted for the 
online component and then a short clinical which is next weekend.)



2. I finished my Christmas cards! 




3. I finished decorating for Christmas!



This year, we will only have a tiny tree on the record cabinet
thanks to Christmas' habit of eating fake pine needles.


All the ornaments that didn't fit on the tiny tree went to the bay window greenery.


My favorite ornament from when I was a kid.


All of our cat ornaments! We love ugly cat ornaments!
The uglier, the better!


4. Giant had chicken breast on sale for $1.99 so I snatched up 4 value packs. 
That should last until the new year!



5. I wrapped some presents!



Now, here's hoping for a 2 hours delay tomorrow... Not a snow day, just a delay!

I hope your weekend was wonderful!
Do you send out Christmas cards?
Have you finished decorating?
How many trees do you have!?


4 comments:

  1. Your cat is hilarious. Especially because his name is Christmas. Too funny! You're right, the pillowcase doesn't look so bad from afar.

    Where are you going in Hawaii? We are going to Maui in April for our honeymoon and I am SO excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be a wonderful honeymoon!!! :) We are going to The Big Island.

      Delete
  2. OH my gosh, your cat!!! That is too hilarious! We were afraid our bird would chew the wires on our tree, but luckily he's been uninterested so far.

    I am having the hardest time getting up to run alone at 4:30 these days. Kudos on the early wakeup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 4:30 is ROUGH! It's nice to get it done and out of the way, though. I normally don't have to get up that early. Normally if I hit the gym, it's 5:15, but if it's a running day, I can "sleep in" until 6!

      Delete