A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, December 30, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up - Dang, I'm getting lazy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...




Well my friends, I have a confession to make. I have been really lazy over my winter break. I know break is all about relaxing and recharging and coming back in 2014 better than ever, but I took it to a whole new level on Friday. This was basically me all day:



Actually, I did have a pretty tough workout at the gym. But the rest of the day I was in my pjs lounging.

I started watching the movie The Back Up Plan, which was pretty horrible. I plan to finish it in spurts- as I do my PT stretching and foam rolling. Because that's all it's good for- something to watch to pass the time while stretching.






I went out for a beautiful 9 mile run on Saturday afternoon. I didn't realize how gorgeous it was until I got outside. I ended up running around the block and stopping back at my house to take off my vest and change into shorts. That's how warm it was!

Saturday afternoon I suddenly got the urge to purge. I went through all my drawers and closets and threw out stuff that wasn't worth giving away and made piles for people who I thought would enjoy certain clothes and accessories I either don't wear anymore or don't fit anymore. I have a few sweaters that don't fit because my arms are busting out of them!!! Must be from the pull ups!!! (Never thought I'd be happy to "grow out of" clothes!)

File:Hulk Hogan @ Impact! TV Taping.jpg

We went out for a little date Saturday night. Dinner was at Da Vinci's in Mechanicsburg. It is a delicious little Italian place on the Carlisle Pike just past Wal Mart. Paul got Gnocci and I got Lobster Ravioli. But first we feasted on their delicious bread. It's warm, crispy, buttery... It's pretty much heaven in a basket. The portions were huge, so we took lots of leftovers home.


Gnocci Caprese!

Then we hit up Target! One of my favorite things to do after the holidays is get a bunch of holiday candy on clearance!



Yes, these actually do taste like hot chocolate!


I almost got this scratch pad for the cats, but in the interest of wanting to have spending money in Hawaii, I abstained from purchasing it. How cute is it, though!?!?!?

Candy Cane Scratch Pad
Our date was not yet over. To finish the evening, we watched the movie The Frozen Ground. I didn't realize until the end that it's actually a true story which made it all the more freaky. But it's a good movie about a serial killer in Alaska during the early 1980s.





I woke up super early Sunday morning and spent an hour and a half researching IT Band injuries, rehab, etc. I found a lot of great information and it motivated me to declare that day A REST DAY. That's right folks. I did not exercise on Sunday. Here is what I did do on Sunday...


1. Went out for coffee with my dear friend Ashley and her beautiful daughter Leona.



2. Stretched, iced, foam rolled.


Chrissy hijacked my stretching area.

3. Went to Michael's and practiced self control by not buying anything, even though all Christmas decorations were 80% off. Damn, now I regret it...



4. Got really sad about having to take a rest day.



5. Edited photos for longer than I care to admit... with Jelly on my lap.



6. I watched the movie The Call. It was pretty damn intense. I cried several times. I took several breaks. I don't know why it was so hard to get through this movie! I do know that 2 kidnapping movies in one weekend is too many.



7. Now that Freaks and Geeks is over, we found another show to watch together- East Bound and Down. After watching the first episode, I am both horrified and very excited to watch the rest of the series!!




See any good movies this weekend?
Score any after Christmas deals?

10 comments:

  1. That scratch pad is super cute. My cat goes through scratch pads about once every two weeks, he LOVES them. I find bits of cardboard all over my house!

    I watched Escape from Tomorrow a few days ago. It's a psychological thriller that did it's job. When I was watching it I thought it was weirdly entertaining, but every night before bed I picture certain scenes which now scare the pants off me! Definitely a *psychological* thriller!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip, I will look up that movie. I love thrillers and stuff like that. And it's one of the only genres my husband and I both enjoy! I can empathize with the cardboard being all over the house. I find it everywhere... Jelly gets it stuck on his belly, too!

      Delete
  2. Hey Meg, just wanted to let you know I tried emailing you from my work email, I'm writing a travel column on the Harrisburg area, and since you seem like you're pretty familiar with that area, I was hoping you wouldn't mind doing an interview with me. I just want to make sure my email doesn't go into your junk folder!
    I watched the Emperor's New Groove with my husband last night; he loves that movie, I thought it was OK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I'd call your current training lazy haha!! My students keep telling me to see "The Call". I guess I need to get on that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I go hard for like an hour a day. The rest of the day...I'm a sloth. :)

      Delete
  4. Love lobster ravioli! One of my favorites. I love those lazy days too..as long as it's just one, otherwise I start to become lethargic. I liked The Call until the very, very end. I don't want to ruin it for everyone else. You know what I'm talking about. I thought, "noooooo, so stupid!" I went to see American Hustle at the theater and was disappointed. I can't believe it got such high ratings. I've also been TV binging on Revenge, which is pretty good. If you want a recommendation then watch the TV show Friday Night Lights. Hand down my fave. show of all time. Also Scandal is really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the ending, Tonya!!! From the second she started investigating the barn without any police with her, I was like, well, if she dies, she can't be mad about it...

      Delete
  5. hahaha...when it comes to being lazy, i sorta feel like i'm entitled to sloth around so long as i get my run on. :P
    looks like a fun weekend on your end and those dang rest days, yea i get in a glum mood when i'm miles deprived but sometimes u need the rest and i think, "okay, this IS good...i can make it until tomorrow...is it tomorrow yet, can i run yet??" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! I feel entitled as well sometimes but I think I am taking it to the next level... Oh well, Thursday is back to work, back to the real world, back to being tired all the time hehe.

    ReplyDelete