A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Sunday, November 18, 2018

First Snow Day of the Year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

On Thursday, our school district was closed due to inclement weather. Snow days are always a bit magical, and I try not to let the knowledge that we will have to make up the day deter me from fully enjoying the surprise day off!

I also count myself thankful that I work for a place that values safety. I know some people do not have the luxury of a snow day. There were so many accidents on Thursday afternoon. It was quite dangerous to be out on the roads.

As usual, I always make the very best of my snow days. First, I drank coffee and cuddled Jelly!



Then I went to Planet Fitness and did two deck of cards workouts, ran two miles, and did my PT exercises.



Before heading home, I stopped at Dollar General for some random items. I ended up getting some cute activity books for my nieces and nephew.

Because I had off, I was able to take Paul to an appointment. That saves him a $20 Uber ride! While he was at his appointment, I hit up the liquor store and Good Will. I ended up getting some AWESOME Good Will deals!



$5.25 sweater. Super warm and comfy.

I LOVE THIS SHIRT!!! $4.25


Four 1000 piece puzzles for 97 cents each!!!!







It was a little stressful to be out and about. By the time Paul was done with his appointment, there was a couple inches of snow on the ground! I saw this cool bumper sticker in the parking lot...


The cats were excited for us to be home.



Then I did a lot of random things, Like watch The View...


... Worked on a puzzle...


... Folded a shit ton of laundry...


... And appreciated the beauty of snow and cats!




I also cooked up some veggies for dinner. Do you see what I'm drinking and snacking on?



After dinner I was warm and cozy, but I had to go shovel the driveway. Blah!
What do you like to do on a snow day?

7 comments:

  1. How much snow did you end up getting? It takes a lot for Colorado to have a snow day. Sounds like you had a perfect day! Since I work from home, I don't have snow days however if we get snowed in then I would end up cooking, baking, organizing, and watching a movie I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say about 4-5 inches? It came at a bad time- started around 10am with snow for hours straight and then changed to freezing rain for the commute home.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE snow days! My heart wants to live in Florida but I know I would miss these days off (but then I suppose I would get "Hurricane" days).

    We got out of school early on Thursday and then had off on Friday. That is when I got my Christmas stuff out and guess what, I'm pretty much all decorated in the inside!

    I'm loving your puzzles!I love the nostalgia of the old snacks and restaurants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Florida would be nice because it's warm but I would miss all four seasons, wouldn't you?

      Delete
  3. We don't have snow days here. We have rain days or "it's so cold, we're going to cancel school days". Welcome to Charleston! But it looks like you had a good day off. It was very productive and I'm glad you got a workout in, some deals from Goodwill, and saved Paul some money by taking him to the appointment. I love thrift store shopping too and always save a lot that way- you have to go often and browse, so it takes time, but you find unique styles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We never get snow days... LOL... but apparently, we get "smoke" days now (with the fires in CA). NOT fun.

    ReplyDelete