A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Weekly Workout Recap!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I did more running than normal this week! Don't worry, it was on purpose.
Here is what I was up to!


4 mile neighborhood run. 

My legs felt like lead because we spent the whole day walking around the Pride Festival that by the time I got around to running, my energy was spent! I don't know what my pace was because my Garmin died.

 

Back/Legs @ Planet Fitness

Warm ups: jumping jacks, leg swings, knee tucks, rotator cuff, lat pull down, cable row, shoulder press

Pull Ups- (wide grip) 5x8x16lb asst.

Leg Extension- 4x10x45lb

Inverted Row- 4x10

Hamstring Curl- 4x10x35lb

Lat Pull Down- 3x10x80lb

Cat Camel- 3x5

Bird Dog- 3x10

KB Swings- 4x15x10lb

Capt. Chair- 4x15

Pull Ups- (neutral grip) 4x10x16lb asst.

Squats- 3x10x15lb

Bicep Curl- 3x10x15lb, 1x7x40lb

Stability Ball Pass- 4x8



"Active Rest Day"
We went to DC and walked everywhere. We logged over 8 miles!












7 mile run @ 8:59 pace.
You can read about it here.
Short story: It sucked.



Another 7 mile run @ 8:31 pace.
I got my butt out of bed early and beat the heat!
This was a much more enjoyable run than the day before.
You can read about this run here.




Upper Body at home.
Normally I do back/chest on different days, but today I smooshed it all together since I wanted to run MORE this week.



MORE RUNNING! I know, can you believe it!?
I may just keep the title of this blog the way it is!
For awhile, I thought I was going to have to rename it "Meg Go Lift Upper Body".

I did 7 stinkin' hot neighborhood miles. You'd think I would have gotten up early like I did on Wednesday, but no. I was up past 5:00 am on Friday morning, so I slept until noon. I didn't go running until almost 2:00! Augh. It was so hot. I played mental games with myself the whole time. I stopped for water a little after 5 miles, which made me decide to make it an even 6. Then as I grabbed some more water, and decided I may as well go for one more mile and do 7.

I suspected my Garmin was being wonky because my miles were not beeping off at the right time. I run in my neighborhood a lot, so I know the mileage of certain loops even without wearing a Garmin. So after my run, I got on Map My Run and confirmed that I actually ran 7.26 miles. Does anyone else's Garmin ever not track the mileage correctly? I wonder how to fix that!?

7.26 miles @ 8:20 pace!

I'm happy about my pace but it didn't feel like an easy pace. I felt like I was slogging through the heat!
Tell me about your best workout this week!
Any ideas on how to fix my Garmin?

11 comments:

  1. Sometimes that happens with my garmin and I don't know how to fix it. Updating it helps, but I think there are just spots where it doesn't get a god conniption or something. It was much worse when I lived in the city, I think because of buildings and stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's frustrating because 95% of the time it is fine in my neighborhood, then once in awhile on the same route it will be wonky.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's a lot of running this week! How is the knee?

    Sometimes my Garmin doesn't track correctly but I think it's a satellite issue. For example, running in downtown Chicago, the tall buildings block the signal. You get the craziest paces and mileage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knee felt great during 3 out of 4 runs, and felt fine after all of them. Woohoo!

      Delete
  3. Great week Meg! I can't believe you walked 8 miles!!!!!!

    Sometimes my Garmin acts a bit nuts. It once told me I did a 5:XX mile and we all know that didn't happen! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I would believe that pace coming from you!

      Delete
  4. Nice job, Meg! You are so awesome and inspiring. My best run was just now. We are in Nebraska for a family reunion and Rick woke up super early and asked if I wanted to go walk so we did for about 2 miles then I finished up w/ a 2.6 mile run. It was the best because I hadn't planned on running and it felt easy (altitude much lower here). A nice little "bonus run". Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you had such a great run at a lower altitude! Enjoy your tine in NE with your fam. Boy you guys get around! :)

      Delete
  5. Awesome week!!! Have you tried doing a soft / hard reset on your Garmin? That usually works for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how to do that but I bet Paul knows. :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks! Yes I want to get used to actually working hard again. :)

    ReplyDelete