A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Sunday, August 9, 2015

7 Years!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Seven years ago, I married my best friend. I was so lucky to meet him at the age of 23 and marry him at 26. Now at 33, I can't imagine my life without him! Life is long, and I realize seven years is not a long time. But it seems like a long time- in a good way. It's hard to remember what my life was like before Paul was in it. I mean, I've almost been with him 1/3 of my life!

I am not sure how we are going to celebrate our anniversary today but I am sure we will do something special. We are lucky enough to have a wonderful life together and enjoy even the most mundane things. It's like every day we do or say something that is very special in it's own way.

I thought I'd share some pictures of our wedding.  And tell you a little bit about it!

It was a warm August evening. The weather was perfect. Our wedding had a relaxed, casual, picnic type atmosphere. We got married at Hiddenbrook Farm- my aunt and uncle live there, and we were the first couple to get married on their property. What an honor! What a day! Looking at pictures really brought back the memories...

It was a family affair! My brother Tyler directed the cars where to park.

Cakes were from BG's. Millersburg REPRESENT!

My Dad and my Grandma. I love this picture of them!

I love that people could just chill before the wedding started and
play soccer if they wanted to!

My main gals! And they always will be!
Maren, Sherrie, and Ashley


My sister-in-law, Debby provided the music.
She is an SKILLED violinist.


Dad walked me down the aisle of tiki torches!

I love my Daddio!


I like this picture because you can see my mom looking happy.


And in this one, you can see Paul's mom.

All our friends and family attended!



I think this pic is so cool because it shows the whole gathering and how relaxed it was.

Time for the vows!


Shield your eyes!

Married!

That's Paul's grandpa- Bubba! He has sadly passed away.

Later that night, there was food, drinks, volleyball, and a campfire.
You can't have a campfire without S'mores!


So that's a little sneak peek at our wedding! It really was a great day. I'm not a "wedding" type of gal (although I like to attend them!), so I wouldn't say this was the "best day of my life" (although it was VERY special and IMPORTANT). I think every day I get to spend with Paul is the best day of my life. Any day I wake up and Paul is beside me is a BEST DAY in my book! And there are many more BEST DAYS to come!




Happy Anniversary, Baberdoodle!!!!!

19 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your special day! Wishing you a wonderful day and another year full of blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!! This was such a warm fuzzy post. :) Our wedding was very similar except on a beach a few hours from here. We had the tent and everything. Very casual. I hope you guys have a great celebration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your pictures on Facebook and it looked like a gorgeous wedding. :)

      Delete
  3. You looked gorgeous! I love how in all the pictures you could tell how happy you all were! It looks like a fun day!
    Happy Anniversary--here's to many more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl! We were so happy that day and even happier today!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE that your wedding was soooo relaxed. It was obviously about family and love, and not to much the pomp and circumstance. It gives me a lot of great insight into your personality!

    Happy 7th anniversary! I agree that a wedding day is important, but every day you're married to your best friend keeps getting better, so it's hard to call it the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love going to fancy weddings because I love to dress up but it definitely wasn't our style. Plus we would rather put a down payment on a house than use all our funds for a big wedding. But like I said, I love to attend big weddings, I think they are fun! :)

      Delete
  5. awww you guys are so cute! I LOVE your dress.... And I love how relaxed and laid back your wedding was! I have been to quite a few weddings where everyone is in the coat and tie, fancy dress.... your wedding looks like it would have been more fun to get ready for ;) haha

    www.slowandsteadykandm.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was a great day! I love going to fancy weddings because I love getting dressed up- and there are not many occasions in life anymore where people get dressed up. But my Uncle's farm was the perfect place and the relaxed atmosphere definitely represented our personalities. We don't take ourselves too seriously. :)

      Delete
  6. What a fun wedding! We're going on--gasp--27 years! Do you think that me getting into the Big Sur Marathon was a coincidence? We took our honeymoon there. I'm so excited to go back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THAT IS AWESOME! I am glad you got into Big Sur, and I guess you are taking your hubby with ya?? Congrats on 27 years. :)

      Delete
  7. Happy anniversary!!!!!!!!

    This post made me tear up a little bit. I love weddings and seeing happy people! Even though Adam and I have opted out on the whole thing, I still think weddings are amazing. I sometimes sit and watch Say Yes to the Dress and cry through the whole thing. It's very annoying since I am generally an unemotional person ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you really unemotional?? I cry at EVERYTHING these days. I cried at the end of Vacation- we just saw it in the theater- and it was a comedy! If you ever see it I will describe the part I cried and you will call me a sap. :)

      Delete
  8. I can only imagine what it would be like to be married that long! I hope we still love to be around each other like we do now, and the way you and your hubby do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary! Great pictures <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy anniversary! You looked stunning! I am so not a wedding person either, so your relaxed setting looked perfect. I almost teared up at this post, and I don't cry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I am glad I could put into words (and pictures) how special it was!

      Delete