Happy Father's Day!
My Dad is the BEST DAD IN THE WORLD!
|He's so hardcore! Now I know where I get it from!|
I know a lot of kids think their dad is the best, but mine really is. I had a wonderful childhood, and that's 50% thanks to my Daddio! (The other 50% is because of my Momma, but she has to wait until Mother's Day to have my blog dedicated to her!)
Why is my dad the best, you ask? Here are just a few reasons...
1. Dad never missed a single band concert, chorus concert, voice recital, piano recital, or musical... and I was in A LOT of musicals! He even came to musicals I choreographed (that I didn't perform in!) so he could see all of my hard work.
2. Dad always made sure my brothers and I had bikes to ride. Heck, he still makes sure we have bikes to ride.
3. Dad was fun in the wintertime. He took us ice skating, sledding, skiing, made igloos with us... Even after he worked all night, he'd come home, get a few hours of sleep, and then take us outside.
4. Dad made up several fun games for us to play: "Don't Get On My Back While I'm Sleeping", "Magic Carpet Ride", "Crab Walk", and "Funny Gymnastics", just to name a few!
5. Dad always was, and still is a hard worker. He worked hard to support our family so Mom could stay home with me and my brothers.
|Why are we all so tan in this photo?|
6. Dad built us an AWESOME clubhouse in our backyard with a ladder and a slide. I miss that thing.
7. Dad always treats Mom like a queen.
9. Dad took me to NYC one winter when my mom was unable to go. We went clothes shopping at Macy's and to see Cats on Broadway! He even bought me a poster that was autographed by the entire cast!
10. Dad worked the night shift, and when my brothers and I were really little, he would sometimes surprise us with donuts when he came home from work in the morning.
11. Dad made us Log for Christmas. Remember, from Ren & Stimpy?
There are a million other reasons my dad is awesome, but those are just a few. I'm so lucky to have him as a father!
Happy Father's Day, Daddio! I love you!
|August 9, 2008 - My Daddio walking me down the aisle.|