A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Zucchini Thingers & A cool post about Aldi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... I saw a recipe for these on Facebook a week or two ago. I forget what they were called. I just call them Zucchini Thingers because I'm not very creative at the moment! I changed them up a little bit and pretty much make them the same way I make my husband cheesey bread- but instead of the bread, I use Zucchini. What a great way to get your daily dose of veggies!

And with 3 medium sized zucchinis costing only $1.19 at Aldi, it's cheap, too!



(Check out this blog post about Aldi if you are curious about the store... 
or even if you already love it like I do!)


Zucchini Thingers


zucchini
sliced tomatoes
garlic/salt/pepper/Italian seasoning
shredded cheese (whatever kind you prefer)


1. Preheat oven - 350.

2. Slice the zucchini into 1/2 inch - 1 inch thick strips and lay them on a baking sheet.

3. Sprinkle with garlic, place sliced tomatoes on top, then coat with cheese.

4. Add salt, pepper, and/or Italian seasoning to taste.

5. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Just keep an eye on them!


Voila! As you can see, I like to add extra garlic and salt to mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment