A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Treat Yourself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I Will Always Love Ice Cream


I. Love. Ice. Cream. I love almost every flavor. Birthday Cake is my current favorite. Probably because I also love cake, and if you combine cake and ice cream, well that’s even better!

Nancy's my dawg. She's up there with Terry Gross.

My ice cream cravings usually come after dinner, (around the time Nancy Grace comes on) and I indulge that craving with excitement!  It may seem counter productive to eat clean all day and then top it all off with an ice cream cone. Oh well, I’m not ready to give it up. Plus, by cleaning up my diet and working out in a way that works for me, I have found that I am still on the way to reaching my fitness goals while indulging my sweet tooth from time to time.


Maybe I would meet my goals sooner if I cut out ice cream completely, but that’s a price I’m willing to pay!


Worth every gram of carbs!

Treat Yourself


I think it’s really important to treat yourself. No one can eat perfectly 100% of the time. Well, maybe they can, but I know I can’t! I’d be a grumpy girl if I deprived myself of my favorite treats. And I think the truth is, if you make good food choices most of the time, there is room for “fun” foods without setting yourself back from your goals.

Since I love to make lists, here is a list of my favorite treat foods that I regularly indulge in. There’s little point to them in my diet except to keep me sane and not make me feel deprived. Because once I know I can’t have something, I immediately want it 100xs more!

1.    Ice cream. Duh.

2.    Semi-sweet chocolate morsels. I enjoy these little suckers on their own, in peanut butter, and mixed with almonds a la trail mix. Sometimes I even sprinkle them in my Special K Protein Plus cereal for an after dinner treat. (I’m known for mixing weird foods. Last night I was dipping turkey bacon in cottage cheese. YUM!)

3.    Wine. There is absolutely no way wine is benefiting me nutritionally, yet there is always a box of it in my fridge. (Classy, I know!) Check out this read about how wine is terrible for fat loss- and it’s not because of the calories!

4.    Chocolate covered coffee beans. I like to grab a small handful of these when I get home from work. You would think eating a straight up coffee bean would make you really hype, but there’s probably more caffeine in the chocolate than the coffee bean. I just eat these because they taste good!


Check back for a post about my favorite healthy foods to eat.

What are your favorite treat foods?

No comments:

Post a Comment