A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, June 24, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... 

Good Monday Morning to you all! I hope you had a fabulous weekend! I sure did. Although summer feels like one long weekend to me...

Here's what I was up to! (This is sort of a long one!)

Friday


After being up super late Thursday night, devastated and reeling from the Spurs' loss (I watch basketball now), I slept in on Friday. It was okay, I knew we had a long day planned and I would need my rest! First, I hit up the gym to work bi/tri/shoulders/legs. I don't like to do legs on bi/tri/shoulder day but sometimes my schedule just works out that way.

Late that afternoon, we left to visit our friends Cheetah and Maggie, who live in the "Northern Philadelphia Suburbs". Their house is GORGEOUS and full of character and charm. We don't get to see them a lot so it was great to catch up! Cheetah made the best salmon I ever had in my life and Maggie introduced me to my new favorite dessert- Salted Caramel Boudino. It tastes like sugary, caramel-y, butterscotch-y heaven in your mouth.

If you want to make it, apparently this recipe is pretty legit . I will never even attempt this recipe because it goes far beyond my skills as a baker.

The four of us enjoyed good food, good wine, and great company! We bonded the way normal adults bond- with a few rousing games of Cards Against Humanity. (AKA, the game that makes you want to take a shower after you play it!)

Saturday


My husband and I left for home pretty early in the morning, but the turnpike was still chock full of A-holes who love to ride your ass. Seriously, I don't understand how people can go 80 mph on the turnpike and leave only about 5 feet between them and the car in front of them. It is great to have my husband in the car with me when this happens because he will straight up turn around and stare at the person riding my ass and throw his hands in the air and start talking to them. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING? SERIOUSLY? DO YOU WANT TO CRASH INTO US AND DIE?" He talks slowly and deliberately- over enunciating every word so the idiot behind us can read his lips and be shamed. Because they are plenty close enough to read his lips.

My husband would like to wrap up this topic by stating, "I shouldn't be able to see your damn eye color." AMEN!

Today, I discovered a new TV show I think I am going to start watching- The L Word. It's on Netflix. So far, it appears to be a lot like Sex and the City, only it's lesbians in LA. I do not like the main character who is so annoying. Hopefully the rest of the characters continue to make up for the one I can't stand.

Sunday

Hmmm... well, I think I hit a summer record Sunday morning by sleeping in until 11:45am! I guess I needed to catch up on some Zzzzzzzz....

So I spent the morning researching some fitness blogs and writing future blog posts. I have been trying to post on my blog every day, but I don't write every day. Normally, I write 3-4 posts at a time when I am feeling inspired, then just post one each day. Now you know my blogging secret... do you feel special?

After a gym workout, I managed to mow half the lawn before the mower died. It won't be dead for long. We have a really crappy mower we bought used, and every time we make it through an entire lawn mowing, we feel like we secretly got away with something. Well, today I mowed the backyard and then it crapped out after two rows on the front lawn. My husband assures me it will work tomorrow, it just has to rest in the carport overnight.

Then I picked some mulberries from the tree that magically popped up behind our shed over the past year or two. It is a HUGE tree and I am able to pick quite a lot of mulberries from it every few days. The problem is, I have to be prepared to get bit like crazy with mosquitoes. For real, I picked 110 mulberries and got 7 mosquito bites. That's like one bug bite for every 15 mulberries. I'm not sure if it's worth it!



Later that night my husband and I feasted on my famous guacamole and tried to watch the movie Identity Thief. The movie was TERRIBLE so we stopped halfway through and played Monopoly Deal. Did I mention it is a fun game?

Oh, and we finally turned on our air conditioning! It was time. The semi sweet chocolate morsels in the pantry were melting and cutting up sweet potatoes required me to take a shower. My cats are very happy! Christmas went straight to his "cool fan"... one of the vents that blows cool air.

What a happy kitty!!!!!


Did you do anything wild and crazy this weekend?

How many mosquito bites did YOU get!?

No comments:

Post a Comment