A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

I suck.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Recently, I decided to start eating hard boiled eggs again. I like them with salt for breakfast or cut up in a salad for dinner. Instead of buying eggs already hard boiled (like I used to) I decided to learn to make them myself and save money.

Surprisingly, it was very easy to do. The eggs even peeled well because I followed the instructions on when to peel them precisely. I was all proud of myself as I peeled the eggs in the sink and let the shells go down the garbage disposal...

... Until the next day when Paul informed me that there was a clog in the sink and I was NOT supposed to put the egg shells down the garbage disposal. I am such an idiot. I thought it was okay to do that. Apparently not. Paul tried everything he could to fix the clog be eventually he had to call the plumber. I told him I didn't even want to know how much it cost. He assured me it wasn't too bad, but I have a feeling it was a couple hundred dollars.

So much for saving money by making my own hard boiled eggs.

I suck.

Then on Saturday night, we were at Broad Mountain Vineyard to see an improv show by a group called Safeword. Right when the show started, I felt my wedding ring fall off my finger (my fingers shrink when it's cold) and heard it *ding* on the tile floor. Paul and I tried to discretely look for my ring, but it was hard to do because the show started and there were lots of tables with people sitting at then. I just imaged my ring could have rolled really far across the large room.

I looked for my ring at intermission and after the show, but I still couldn't find it. I told the owner that if he found a white gold wedding band, it was mine. He told me he would let me know if they found a ring while they were cleaning up.

I still haven't heard from them.

I suck.
Did you ever lose your wedding ring?
Ever send the wrong thing down the drain and need to call the plumber?

13 comments:

  1. OMG, not another wedding ring! How many is that now? I do hope someone finds it and gives you a call. I lost an earring this fall when we stopped at a mini mart on our way to the Finger lakes. I did end up picking it up at the end of our trip when we drove back through but there was definitely a story about that one!
    Making hardboiled eggs is so tricky for me. I've tried several methods and only once in a while do I get it JUST RIGHT! And I always throw the shells down the garbage disposal. Perhaps I shouldn't?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my second ring. I lost this ring two other times but found it. I hope they call me.

      Delete
  2. I love hardboiled eggs with Trader Joe's Everything But the Bagel seasoning. It's just a mix of all the stuff they put on top of everything bagels. So good!

    You don't suck. I don't think it's common knowledge that you can't put egg shells down the garbage disposal. I thought you could put anything into it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds very good to put on top of eggs. I thought you could put anything down the garbage disposal toO! I didn't grow up with one so I guess I am still learning. What a pain.

      Delete
    2. I didn't have one growing up either!

      I forgot to say I lose my rings in the shower all the time! Like you my finger size fluctuates a lot, and then add in soapy water from the shower and they always slip off. I can't tell you how many times I've been sitting on the couch after a shower and realized a ring is missing. I ALWAYS find it in the shower!

      Delete
    3. It's not uncomfortable to wear your rings in the shower? I picture myself scratching myself all up if I wore my rings in the shower or getting my hair caught in it!

      Delete
    4. They may not be bothering me because they are always falling off before they can bother me hahahah!

      Up until last year I always took my rings off too, but I hated when I would forget to put them back on. Now I just leave all my jewelry on except if I'm wearing something that's not a solid metal. My diamond is set deep so it doesn't get caught in my hair or anything but I could definitely see if your diamond is princess cut or something it could! I remember the promise ring Adam got me when we had only been dating a couple years was princess cut and even though it was small it got caught on EVERYTHING all the time!

      Delete
    5. Oh my I take off all of my jewelry to shower except my wedding ring. But everything else I wear is costume jewelry so I would be nervous I would ruin it.

      Delete
  3. So sorry about losing the ring. I'm always so scared about that, so I don't wear mine when I'm working out or just around the house. I only wear it when Clay and I go out together or if I go somewhere that I want everyone to know I'm off the market.

    My friends Vy and Ryan actually got those QALO rings that are $25-30 to wear when they work out or go places casually so that is something you could look into, because if it is lost, it is not a family heirloom or a big expense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily my ring was only $150 and I found the same one for $98 so I can replace it, it's just a pain and a waste of money. :( I guess I just need one that actually fits. My fingers really fluctuate though. Like after I work out they are puffy and then if I am cold things slide right off them.

      Delete
  4. Oh no!! I hope you find your ring! That sucks. I did misplace my ring one time and freaked out. I eventually found it, within a few hours but I was very upset. I had NO idea that egg shells were not a good thing for the disposal. We do it almost daily! No problems with that, but I have clogged ours up many times with potato peels, pasta, and a few other things. I feel terrible when that happens because it's a ton of work to get it cleared out. I'm all kinds of confused about the pre-cooked eggs though... that's a thing?? I had no idea you could buy them already boiled. Girl, you got this. Go make your own eggs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you can buy them already hard boiled, even red beet style but they're like $3 for 6. Yes I will see make them from now on. Now I am mad that everyone commenting seems to not have problems with egg shells in the garbage disposal but I Did! I need to talk to Paul about this....

      Delete
  5. Ugh. I have the same problem with my fingers shrinking when it's cold and getting puffy when it's hot... luckily, I have not lost my ring (yet).

    I am catching up on a bunch of blogs, so hopefully by the time I get to your most current post, I have found out that someone found it and you got your ring back!

    ReplyDelete