A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, November 18, 2017

Weekly Workouts! (And Garmin update!)



I am loving the step tracking feature on my Garmin. On days I run 6 miles and go to work, I get anywhere from 20,000-23,000 steps! That's a shit ton of moving! No wonder I am always hungry and eat a lot.

As far as the sleep tracking, I find it to not be accurate. If I lay in bed and read for a couple hours, it thinks I'm asleep when I'm not!


All in all, I'm a huge fan of my Garmin.

Here are my workouts!

Saturday- 8 miles on the trail with my Daddio. We met at Detweiler Park in Dauphin. I thought it was a really nice place to run. On one of the trails, we ran part way up the mountain and ended up seeing three beautiful deer bounding through the woods!


Sunday- "Rest" day. If you could call it that... I did all of my outdoor Christmas decorations and was absolutely EXHAUSTED by the time I was done. I went nonstop from 10-5pm and slept like a rock that night.


Monday- Light upper body at home. Here's my workout:

Chair asst. wide grip pull ups- 5x15
Chest press- 5x15x20lb
Band asst. neutral grip pull ups- 5x8
Push ups- 5x10
Bicycle crunches- 5x40
Stability ball sit ups- 5x15x15lb
Row- 5x12x20lb
Shoulder press- 5x15x15lb
Stability ball pull ins- 5x15
Bicep curls- 5x12x15lb

Tricep dips- 5x15


Tuesday- 6 neighborhood miles. It was wasn't too cold for this run but I felt pretty good.



Spotted: Another neighbor who decorated!!!

Wednesday- 6 miler. It was quite chilly! And I saw three deer when I ran to a nearby park! I took the path by the cornfield and when I got to the park, there they were! When I was running back to my hood on the trail by the cornfield, a woman walking warned me that there was a huge buck down at the end. I didn't see him though.

Thursday- 6 miles. I ran the same route and saw the deer again! I bet it was the same little family. After my run I wasn't hungry and my stomach felt weird. I ended up getting really sick in the stomach that day and it lasted into Friday. It sucked.

Friday- Rest. I slept from 6pm Thursday until 9am on Friday morning. Obviously, I took a sick day. When I woke up, I did feel better than Thursday night but had a couple waves of nausea and no appetite. I really want to feel better by the weekend.

Do you see deer on your runs?
Do you track your steps or sleep?

8 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better, Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww sorry you had to take a sick day on Friday.

    Have I mentioned how much I love your Christmas decorations??? Can't wait to see the inside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may do a vlog today as I have nothinnngggg to do....

      Delete
  3. I am a bit obsessed with the steps and sleep tracking on my Garmin ;) so yeah, I understand.

    I never see any deer where I run (it's a neighborhood park, so I am not surprised).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw mine in a neighborhood park too! Which is crazy. I feel bad because I think they are lost. :(

      Delete
  4. You got in a lot of miles this week! We have lots of deer around our house and I love them. wow you already got up your Christmas decor! I am trying to organize for Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete