A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Thursday, November 23, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving (some recipes, & some thanks!)


Happy Thanksgiving, Friends!

I love Thanksgiving because we get to spend the whole day with our families. I love our families so much, and nothing is better than the time we get to spend together.

Today, we are going to my cousin Stephanie's house to celebrate with my dad's side of the family. If the usual crowd is there, we'll have over thirty people! Luckily, Steph and Ken have a big house that fits all of us!

Then we are headed to Paul's parent's house. I'm not sure who will be there because there is no yearly tradition of attendees. Paul's dad is a great cook! I love his stuffing and green bean casserole! (It's way better than mine!)

This year, I am bringing my usual dishes: Green Bean Casserole and Grandma Arla's Fingers. Below are the recipes to share with you!

I'm very much looking forward to my Auntie Eileen's homemade cranberry sauce. It tastes so good on everything!

A Thanksgiving Day post would not be complete without mentioning a few things I am thankful for... My family, my kitties, Paul's health, a warm and comfortable home, and a good job that I love. My cup runneth over!

That's all for now! I hope your day is wonderful!

Here are the recipes for Grandma Arla's Fingers and Green Bean Casserole!

Grandma Arla's Fingers:

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Slice pre made pie dough into long slivers.



3. Melt butter and mix in brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. The mixture should be runny.


4. Spread the mixture onto the pie dough and then fold up the sides and pinch together.



5. Put on a sprayed cookie sheet and sprinkle with more cinnamon.

5. Bake 10-15 minutes. (check on them!)



Green Bean Casserole:


1. Preheat oven to 350.

2. In a big bowl, dump in the follow ingredients and stir:

- 2 bags of frozen green beans
- several diced roma tomatoes
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- lots of shredded mozzarella cheese

3. Pour into a casserole dish and top with a lot of french fried onions.

4. Bake for 30ish minutes.
What are you up to this Thanksgiving Day?
Have you ever put tomatoes in your green bean casserole?

2 comments:

  1. I've never put tomatos in my green bean casserole. I've seen some recipes that call for cheese but I've never use that either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I also forgot that cheese is not usually part of it! Okay so this year I actually nixed the tomatoes and I liked it better. I will have to ask my family what they liked.

      Delete