A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, November 20, 2017

Weekend Wrap Up!

 


Happy Monday!
I hope you had a great weekend.
My weekend was very low key. I was sick and then recovering from being sick. This will probably be the most boring wrap up in awhile...


I took a sick day because on Thursday I started to feel horrible. Major waves of nausea and stomach cramps were a flowing all day on Thursday and Friday morning. I couldn't eat, I couldn't drink, and I slept 16 hours Thursday into Friday. I wondered what I did to deserve this horrible sickness.


In bed with my nurses.


Mid morning on Friday I drank some tea. I had to get something into my body as I hadn't eaten anything since 11am on Thursday. The only thing that sounded good to me was a junior cheeseburger from Wendy's with fries. I ate that *slowly* and my stomach stopped hurting. 


A basically felt tired and achy the rest of the day and laid around watching TV. My next big accomplishment was eating a piece of pizza around 6:30 and then going to bed. I told Paul I didn't want to wake up until I felt better.


"Better" happened to be at 5:30am on Saturday morning! I woke up and I wasn't tired or achy. My head didn't hurt and my belly felt HUNGRY. I felt like I could potentially stomach normal breakfast food but I KNEW I could stomach a slice of cold pizza, so that's what I ate. I daresay, I felt "normal" after eating that! I even drank seltzer water and coffee! Woohoo! Maybe today would be a good day!

I raked some leaves outside and felt dizzy, but that was probably from the lack of food over the past couple days.


 I had to run a couple errands but after that, it was a lay on the couch day. We finished 13 Reasons Why (my second watch, Paul's first) and I started a puzzle. Woohoo...


My plan was to run a trail half marathon in York today but wind gusts were at 57mph so that was a no. I ran around my hood when the gusts were only 22mph. I did six miles and was pretty tired by mile 4. 

I was afraid my Christmas decorations would fly away so at some point in the morning I went out and put some weights on my Christmas tree to ensure it stayed in my yard.

Raking leaves was the stupidest thing I did yesterday. There are more leaves in my yard now than there were before I raked!

Then it was just a day of relaxing and doing household stuff. I did dishes, laundry, blogged, finished, a puzzle, got lunches ready for the week, and all that good stuff.


Sorry this recap was so boring. That was my weekend! Here's Jelly:

What were you up to this weekend?

13 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with a low key weekend. Hopefully this rest re-charged you and you will be healthy for the holiday season!

    We had a pretty productive weekend. We finally put away all our patio furniture and decided to get our Christmas decor out. We put one Christmas tree up so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better! It was a cold and rainy weekend, best to be spent inside resting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling better, thanks. I can be grateful at least it hit me on a yucky weekend.

      Delete
    2. I was going to say.. get the sickness out NOW! Can't afford to be sick next week! I think I am too excited about you meeting Hillary Clinton.

      Delete
  3. I am so glad you are feeling better! We had a busy weekend (out w/ friends Friday and Saturday and then super lazy yesterday except for like 2 errands so that was really nice!) Have a great Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a low key weekend, but I wasn't sick. When I was in October, I also had a feline nurse :) She was mostly interesting in curling up against me since I wasn't moving much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job on getting out there and raking the leaves. I keep looking at ours and think, "it looks cold out there". That's as far as I get ;) I will be putting up the outside lights tomorrow because it's supposed to be above 40 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think of it as a workout! Attach a weight to the rake bwhahaha.

      Delete
  6. I am glad you took a sick day... that's what they're for (we have this guy who comes into the office sneezing and sniffling and it's crazy!).

    I love that puzzle. Makes me want to get one for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, that's what they're for. Better to stay home and not spread the sickness. Sometimes I take off when I have a sore throat/headache when I *could* go to school but on Friday... I could not function.

      Delete