A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Sunday, May 15, 2016

In America, you get to be an asshole!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...Recently, there have been some stories in the news that really pissed me off! They all boil down to one fact: In our country, your right to be an asshole is protected! Well, at least in certain situations it is!

Asshole Story #1: George Zimmerman, the man acquitted of murder in the death of unarmed teen Trayvon Martin, has put the gun he used to kill Trayvon up for auction. THAT'S RIGHT. HE IS AUCTIONING OFF THE GUN THAT KILLED TRAYVON. 

What an absolutely sickening asshole. Zimmerman defends his actions by saying the gun is his possession and he can do whatever he wants with it. Yes, he absolutely can. It's just funny that Zimmerman keeps finding ways to remind us what a sick, twisted, son of a bitch he is.

Asshole Story #2: This one hits quite close to home! Bishop McDevitt high school student, Aniya Wolf, was denied entry into her school's prom because she was wearing a tuxedo. Apparently, the school sent out many reminders about what the dress code was and that girls are expected to wear gowns. The student wore a tux anyway and was told to leave school property or the police would be called. In case you couldn't tell by the name, Bishop McDevitt is a private Catholic school. Since it's a private school and students pay tuition, obviously they can make up shitty rules like this and get away with it. But it doesn't make it right. It's sexist and asshole-y. What else would you expect from a Catholic school I guess???

Asshole Story #3: I listen to a podcast called Criminal which releases a new episode about every other week. This newest episode is called The Finger. It is about a man from Oregon who gives the finger to every cop he sees. If a cop is pulled off the side of the road, he'll flip the bird. If he's walking by a cop, he'll flip the bird and even sometimes say, "Screw you!!!" 

Of course the cops don't like this and if it happened on the road, often pull him over for some other minor violation. But this Oregon man always takes the cops to traffic court to prove that the only reason he was ticketed for the minor violation was because he flipped them the bird. And apparently, you are allowed to give cops the middle finger and tell them to fuck off without any repercussions. 

The man hates cops but doesn't go into exactly why. He said it was too long of a story. I did not enjoy the podcast at all because this guy was such an immature man-baby. And I am wondering... what if someday he needs law enforcement. Is he going to flip them the bird then?
Have you seen any stories lately about assholes?

14 comments:

  1. That George Zimmerman is a piece of crap. Ever since it all happened, he's done nothing but show us all what a total ass he really is (as if I ever questioned it...). When I saw that story of him auctioning off that gun, I wanted to vomit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Even worse that he called it an iconic piece of American history. He's straight up delusional.

      Delete
  2. I remember that George Zimmerman story because at the time I was working at the University and they had a walk for Trayvon. I always felt sorry for Trayvon's Family. What a senseless death.

    I hadn't heard of those other stories but I imagine the girl who wore the tux to her prom knew that she would cause a ruckus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! And I'm glad she did because it raised some awareness! But you know she also said she was allowed to wear slacks and a shirt to school every single day. So then why couldn't she wear slacks to the prom?? It doesn't make sense to me but that's because I am sure I think differently than whoever runs that school.

      Delete
  3. I completely agree with everything you said - you go girl! Zimmerman is a horrible person through and through - his day will come I am sure.
    any story concerning that Donald person (I can't bring myself to write his full name) is an asshole story. He is a fool.
    Have a great week! Kristen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I agree. Let's just call him the ball of orange. :)

      Delete
  4. I kind of like the assholery of the finger guy, not because I agree with him, but because I think it's GOOD that we live in a country where we can talk back to authority and be disrespectful (within reason) without being carted off to jail. I think that's a really important freedom.

    The Zimmerman thing makes me physically ill. Why people would want to buy that kind of "memorabilia" is beyond me.

    We have quite a few female students this year who plan to wear slacks to graduation instead of the usual dress. Obviously we support that decision 100%, and I'm really glad they feel comfortable to really embrace themselves and who they are, especially at this age!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with what you said- I'm glad you can flip off cops with no repercussions. But it's still a shitty thing to do. All this stuff- Zimmerman selling a gun and a private school not letting a girl wear a tux to the prom- I am glad they can legally do this, but they are still assholes. :)

      Delete
  5. Didn't I already share that story about the prick who walks around in the intersection by my house with the anti-Obama stuff? Freedom of speech, y'all...

    I see assholes all day long in my job. Sigh. Sometimes I just hate people...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I refuse to give that Zimmerman ball of shit man any more attention. He is awful, and he needs to stop making himself relevant.

    I didn't hear the story of the girl in the tuxedo! that is awful! I can't believe people at her school are so afraid of a woman in a suit! That says so much about the entire administration. When I went to prom, a couple of girls wore a tux to the prom, and it was all fine. I wore pants and a suit jacket to my Senior Prom too, and nobody made any issue of it... so sad that nowadays women have to be subjected to dress discrimination.

    The biggest story that is bothering me right now, is the Big Orange Hair ball that is running for president... I'm so done with elections this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is total sexism and discrimination. :( I don't know why anyone would send their kids to a school that supports that.

      Delete
  7. I agree, Karen. There are bad people in EVERY profession. There are bad teachers, bad doctors, bad nurses, bad cops... But I agree with you in that it's the minority, not the majority. I have always respected law enforcement and I can't imagine flipping a police officer off!!

    ReplyDelete