A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Thursday, August 2, 2018

Randomy Radomness!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



I found a secret pocket it in my running shorts! When I was hanging up wash, one of my shorts were turned inside out. This is when I discovered there is a POCKET on the butt lining of the shorts. I have had these shorts for several years and I have like 10 pairs in different colors, so I am wondering how I never noticed this! The butt lining is an odd place for a pocket and I will never use it, but it's funny that it's there and I just discovered it.




Some morning doves made our hanging baskets their home! Paul discovered them and he thinks we should get a "Dove Cam" so people can watch our new buddies. We named them Paige and Thomas.





My niece drew my picture! A couple days ago, I went over to my SIL's to get my haircut. Afterwards, Ellie wanted to draw my picture. The resemblance is uncanny! She is quite the artist and normally only draws princesses, so I feel very special.




Let me tell you a story about this picture. We were putzing around the York Galleria Mall and I saw this cardboard cut out for a photo op displayed outside Claire's. "I dare you to let me take your picture," I said to Paul. "No way," he replied. "Okay, take mine," I told him. "And do it fast so no one sees me. Are you ready?" I asked. "Ready," he said. I quickly stuck my head in the unicorn. "SMILE!!!" Paul exclaimed, so anyone nearby or in the store could hear. I burst out laughing. "You little effer!!!!!" I told him.

Tell me something random!
Ever have birds shack up anywhere strange?

13 comments:

  1. Aww I love that you named your doves! Great names too!

    We often have birds that make their home under our back deck but we do not like it because they are SO messy. They leave straw everywhere and it's just dirty. They made a nest above our front door once and that was just the worst! Okay I sound like a bird hater but I am not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard from people who have birds that they are veryyyyy dirty pets.

      Delete
  2. The birds in your planter are so sweet. We just have a big, fat lizard who lives in our patio area. We don't mind it because he probably eats all of the bugs.

    That drawing of you is so nice; that's definitely a keeper and one to show Ellie some day when she's older!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so surprised at the lizard situation when I went to FL... the one and only time I have been to FL. I never saw lizards like that! Oh wait I lie. New Mexico had them.

      Delete
  3. Our Claire's here has that same cut-out sign and people take pics in front of it, including guys. It's funny.

    I love when running shorts have a ton of pockets. I'm also like you and will buy something in every single color once I see that style works for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah! Especially since the shorts were from Wal Mart and they were $4.88 lol. I have 8 pairs. I hopefully won't need to buy shorts ever again.

      That is so funny about the Claire's sign!

      Delete
  4. Hey guess what? My shorts have that pocket too!! (because I have the same pair) . I'll be sure to put my car key there. Looks pretty safe. NOT :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I know not safe hahaha. What color do you have?

      Delete
  5. Wow, Ellie did a fabulous job on the picture! What a great artist she is. Please get a dove cam. I would totally watch. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay we are going to charge a subscription fee though okay? LOL JK!!!!

      Delete
    2. I would pay to watch doves -- it would relax me when things get stressful during the day. LOL.

      Delete
    3. THIS MORNING PAUL SAW BOTH OF THEM OUT THERE!!! There are def eggs out there...

      Delete
  6. What are your favorite running shorts? I love when they have pockets ;)

    Also: your niece gave you some nice tan legs LOL

    ReplyDelete