A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Friday, August 10, 2018

Friday 5: Reasons you should go to Knoebel's this summer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Hey all! I am linking up with Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness for Friday 5 2.0!

It's summer! You know what that means...

TIME TO GO TO KNOEBEL'S! 

My family is going to Knoebel's in a couple days. This will be our annual summer trip. I can't wait! I grew up going to Knoebel's. Today, I want to share....



1. Free admission. If you don't want to ride rides, you don't have to pay! There are hand stamps which let you ride all day, or there are tickets which you can purchase to ride individual rides. It's the best of all the worlds.

2. There are bathrooms everywhere! I hate not being able to find a bathroom, but that is not a problem at Knoebel's! There is a bathroom around every corner.

3. Rides for everyone. There are all kinds of rides... Toddler rides, kid rides, family rides, thrill rides... They have a little bit of everything, so every type of thrill (or non thrill!) seeker can have fun.

4. It's shady. You know how most amusement parks are right out in the scorching sun? This is not the case with Knoebel's. There are trees and woods everywhere that provide shade.

5. You can bring your own food and water. Knoebel's does have yummy food for sale, but you can bring your own food and water into the park- as much as you want!

6. Bonus: Doggies can ride some of the rides too! There are three rides dogs can ride on- The Carousel, The Pioneer Train, and the Antique Cars. One thing I don't know: Do dogs have to pay to ride!?

7. Bonus: PARKING IS FREE! I know, hard to believe!

Now some of my favorite pics from Knoebels over the years....

 Ellie and Clementine living their best life on The Grand Carousel

Tyler, Debby, and their kiddos!

 My fam!

 Clementine looking creepy AF on a bale of hay.

 Me and Paul on the log flume!

 Tyler, Ellie, and Dad on the Flume!

 Paul on the Grand Carousel

Me, Mom, Ellie, Clem, Debby, and Clark on the Pioneer Train!
Have you ever been to Knoebels?
Would you take your dog to ride rides!?

What's the best amusement park near you?

24 comments:

  1. We are actually going to knobels next week! My Pappy likes to watch the concerts there so we are going for that. Don't know if we will ride rides. As you know, Belle loves Knobels and we've taken her on the train! I don't recall having to buy a ticket for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! We will be there on Monday. :) Are you going to take Belle? Good to know doggies ride free!

      Delete
  2. Every amusement park should be shady! That's such a good idea especially for getting people there during the summer. Although I bet they sell less overpriced bottles of water and ice cream due to this haha.

    That's cute that you can bring your dog to the park and on some of the rides. I wonder if I could bring Cecil in if he was in his stroller? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. My own food and water is great! I always have to stay hydrated at Disney, and those water bottles aren't cheap. I don't like the taste of Florida's treated water either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So Disney doesn't let you bring in your own water?

      Delete
    2. YES, Disney does let you bring in water and snacks. I'm not sure about a picnic lunch or anything like that but I guess who's stopping you. People bring in strollers and baby bags full of all ssors of things so technically I guess you could pack a lunch. Probably no glass though.

      Delete
    3. That is good to know. Hershey doesn't let you. Well, one water bottle per person and then you can fill them up at water fountains. We bring small snacks to Hershey but if you want to pack a lunch you have to go back out to the car and picnic in the parking lot. However if you can sneak it in it's not like they're going to arrest you! We sneak in protein bars.

      Delete
  4. Okay so I've never gone there before but now I want to plan a trip there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been to an amusement park in . . . God knows how long! Probably since I was a kid. I've never heard of Knoebels but it sounds pretty awesome.

    I love that you can bring your dogs, but I'm pretty sure Lola would just freak out on a ride. She's not real fond of elevators even! I once tried to put her in a cart at petsmart -- you know, so I could lug around the 40 lb bags of cat litter easily -- and she proceeded to jump out of it! Yikes (she's a 10 lb chihuahua).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not heard of this park before! Looks like a fun family day though. Hope you all have a great time

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love an amusement park with free entrance - I'm a timid ride goer, so I never feel like I get my money's worth from places like Six Flags!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This would be the perfect type of place for you. It's too bad there aren't more like this.

      Delete
  8. I assume this is in Pennsylvania....I should let my daughter know about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you have a great time at the park! This year we are going to DelGrosso park, it is similar to Knoebels, in which have to only pay for the rides we do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard of DelGrosso! Let me know how it is. :)

      Delete