A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Weekly Workout Recap!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

It was quite a dreary week here in Central PA! It motivated me to stay inside and lift more often than go outside and walk or run!



Epic Chest workout at Planet Fitness! I was sore the next two days!



 

4 mile walk @ 17:31. Slowing down, as per Cheryl's advice!



4 mile run, 1/2 mile cool down. Knee felt VERY strong. 
Hip was tight later in the day. If it's not one thing it's the other.





Bird dog looks relaxing but I think it is hard!

Look who hijacked my towel. I had to do bicycle crunches on the hardwood floor!




I celebrated National Running Day by going for a 4 mile walk. And I danced to Uptown Funk several times with my students. If you saw the video we were dancing to, you would understand why I count this as a workout... and why my knee was sore after.







Sooooo.... that's 4 lifting days, 2 walk days, 1 running day. BLECH! I am running on Saturday. I need it.
Do your fur babies hijack your workout towels?
How did you celebrate National Running Day?

9 comments:

  1. I think that looks like a great week of workouts! Did the knee feel a bit better w/ less time on your feet? Hoping you get a nice run in today!

    Macy always tries to "help" me when I do any yoga or get on the floor to foam roll. 80 pounds of the cutest, red lab helper I have ever seen so I just end up laughing and playing with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, knee felt pretty crappy. The one day it felt good, my hip was tight so I didn't run! If it is not one thing it's the other.

      I bet when you get down on the floor Macy is like YESSSS Mom wants to PLAY!

      Delete
    2. I wish you could come see my PT team (yes, I have a team). I will be thinking of you on Monday and hoping you leave w/ some answers.

      That is exactly what she thinks. Rick is REALLY good about getting on the floor and playing w/ her every day and I never do so when I lay on the floor to do anything she takes advantage of it. She's a big girl so it's kind of hard to push her away....

      Delete
    3. Damn I wish I had a team! Paul always says to me, "If you were Kobe Bryant, they would have figured this out by now!!!!"

      Delete
    4. We always talk about the treatments that the pro athletes get too! I know they will get it figured out. You are just going to have to stand firm in the fact that you aren't "leaving" until they do. If not this doc, then someone else is waiting in the wings ready for you so he or she can make the appropriate Dx!

      Delete
  2. I wish I had your determination to lift. Once I'm doing it I love it but getting the acutal process going is quite the challange for me. :S I think it's cute your kitties workout with you, even if it's just to steal your towel, lol. Lola stays super close to me when I do workout at home too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand, everything is hard until it is made a habit! And obviously if I could run I'd be lifting more like 2-3 days a week, not 4! So since it's one of the only things I can do it is extra motivation.

      Delete
  3. Cecil doesn't hijack my mat but every time I get down on it he thinks it's playtime and starts trying to swat at and bite my ponytail! I like that your kitties just join in with the workout - seems less stressful! :)

    I hope you had a nice pain free run today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww it would be beautiful if my cats would swing at my pony tail! I would wear a ponytail just for the swats!

      Delete