A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Home, sweet HOME!

Vacation was a crazy adventure, but being away really makes me appreciate what I have at home.

We arrived home around 11:30 on Monday evening. I unpacked everything and went to bed. When I awoke, Chrissy was laying on my chest and Jelly on my legs. I couldn't breathe, but it was awesome.

Can I tell you how happy I am to be home? I missed the kitties so much while we were gone. Twelve days... that is the longest I have been away from home and the kitties. I had a couple breakdowns, but I ultimately made it. 

As I write this, I have only been home one full day, but I feel pretty caught up on my life. I cleaned the house, did the wash, went grocery shopping, and tended to my garden as much as I could before it started storming. Mowing the lawn will have to wait until tomorrow. We even managed to watch three Jeopardys! We have a lot of those to catch up on...

Thanks for putting up with me while I was MIA from my blog for awhile! I was still posting (I am sure you are sick of vacation stuff but I have one more San Diego update), but I didn't read any blogs while I was gone. However, I am proud to say that I have recently caught up on my Bloglovin' feed, so I now know what is going on with all my crazy blogger friends! Lots of racing, PR'ing, and general awesome-ness!

I feel like I have been sharing a lot but have been disconnected on what is going on with everyone else. I can't even go back and look at my Facebook feed- it's too overwhelming! So again, if something HUGE happened- like you got engaged, got married, got pregnant, PR'ed, or ANYTHING else exciting, I may not know about it, so please share!!!!!
What is the longest you have been away from home?
Tell me what is new with you from the past 12 days!

14 comments:

  1. Welcome home! Traveling is so much fun, but nothing like coming home to the life you love. The longest trip we have taken was 10 days to Panama. We always miss our dog, Macy, like crazy. And I miss things like cooking my own meals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you do with Macy while you are on vaycays?

      I definitely miss the convenience of having food whenever I want it. I would get HANGRY on vaycay because I'd get so hungry but food was not available!

      Delete
  2. The longest I have been away from home is 10 days--It is usually when I drive out west to see my siblings (MI and IN). It starts to feel really long after 4-5 days, but the kids have SO much fun with their cousins (I have fun too). There is something comforting about the routine of home. I always come back home and say, "I like 'us'--our home, our crazy, etc."
    I liked seeing the vacation pictures!
    My dogs are stuck like glue to me when we get home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww dogs are always so animated, I bet they jump for joy when you come home! Our cats have been glued to us these past two days. I love it!

      Delete
  3. Welcome home! I agree, vacationing is fun but coming home always feels good! I think the longest i've ever been away was like 12 days as well. That was during our trip to Europe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to visiting Europe someday! I feel like when you go all he way to Europe you gotta make the most of it and go for quite awhile.

      Delete
  4. Welcome home! I understand how you feel, as much as I have fun on trips, I get really homesick even if I'm not gone that long. What can I say, I'm just a homebody I guess!

    I would be away from home for months at a time when I was in college and AmeriCorps...but home wasn't really HOME home anymore, so I don't know if that counts. More recently, I was gone for 9 days when I went to El Salvador last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a homebody too. It is just my nature. 9 days is a long time!

      Delete
  5. Welcome home. Always a great feeling to get home and get all caught up like that. Longest I've been away is about 5days for work. I missed the kids bad. We skyped but it's just not the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you missed your kids! I mean, if I cried because I missed my cats, I can't imagine what it is like for people with kids!

      Although, I will argue that at least with kids, you can explain that you are coming back to them, whereas with pets, I always worry they think we abandoned them!

      Delete
  6. You'd did awesome catching up on blogs yesterday! When I fall behind I usually just click "mark as read" because it would be too overwhelming to read them all. Glad you had a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well lucky for me I only read a couple blogs to begin with. :) I actually just cleaned out my bloglovin feed realizing there are so many I just don't read anymore! I'm all about quality, not quantity.

      Delete
  7. Hehe a couple more days of pics. :) It was a great adventure but it makes you so appreciative of what you have when you come home! I have been cuddling the kitties like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Catching up on bloglovin is sooo overwhelming after a trip! That's a huge accomplishment.

    Nothing big has happened here while you were gone. Tomorrow I have a post going up that I'm really nervous about, so you're back just in time for that lol.

    ReplyDelete