A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Randomy Randomness

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...






1. I am trying to figure out a stylish way to wear my compression socks in the summer. I normally wear them after a workout. That used to be easy because I would just wear boots or leggings to work to cover them up. But in the summer, it is hot. What am I going to do, wear my jean shorts with my ugly ass compression socks and flip flops?


2. Our house isn't necessarily always clean (we have cats, the hair gets everywhere quickly!) but it is always tidy. There's not clutter laying on the counters or tables. However, we do have this one place where we throw everything that doesn't have a home!

The cabinet looks innocent enough... but wait until it is opened...

AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! Puzzles, paperwork, business cards, folders, books, a ukulele... it's a MESS! I probably organize it once a month, but then a week later it looks like this again! It's the dirty little secret in our house!


3. My favorite part about when it rains it that I don't have to water my garden! Because watering the garden is so time consuming, right? I mean, it takes at least 90 seconds to fill up my huge watering can and then another three minutes or so to walk outside and water everything.




Look, a tiny little pepper and a tiny little tomato! I can't wait until they are abundant!


4. My winter coat is still hanging on my desk chair at work. Do you think it is time to take it home?



5. The school year is winding down, which means I am starting to get cards from my students!




'
"Dear Mrs. Cooney, You are the world's best music teacher. Brea and I will cry each night!"

(I joke with the kids that I will cry myself to sleep every night because I will miss them. They get my humor. At least the 4th graders do!)
Any compression sock advice?
Do you have a place where you just THROW all your junk?
Tell me something random!

19 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm w/ you on the compression socks dilemma. I guess we could start a new trend!?!

    Here is my random. I think the bright clock radio in our room sometimes wakes me up in the middle of the night because it's so bright but I do want a clock in there so each night I cover it w/ a pair of Rick's underwear. Nice, huh?!? I am so classy that way...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL that is extremely random! Why underwear?

      Delete
    2. Because the clock is right on top of Rick's dresser. It's just easy enough to open the drawer and pull them out. And then in the morning, I just reverse the process. LOL. I'm both inventive and lazy, I suppose.

      Delete
  2. I struggle with the summer compression sock thing too. I have found that wearing them to sleep works as long as its not too hot. But wearing compression socks under my boots is the one and only thing I miss about winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I want to wear them RIGHT after my workout, but if I am going somewhere it is going to look ridic,

      Delete
  3. I have a "junk drawer" that serves as a temporary solution to stuff that is just laying around, but typically if it doesn't have an organized place in the house, I get rid of it.

    I wear compression socks under maxi skirts in the summer. Otherwise, if I'm wearing an athletic outfit/pair of sporty shorts, they always seem to compliment this quite well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think what I need to do is get "cuter" pair rather than my plain black pair. Then maybe I can wear it with my jean shorts!

      Delete
  4. I never wear mine during workouts so I will wear them for a week without washing... ewwww!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha I had my huge down parka in the backseat of my car until last week! I have 2 cats so I'm with you on the 'cat hair everywhere'. I vacuumed this weekend and had to dump the canister out 3 times! So. Much. Hair.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no way around it! On my way to work today, I glanced down at the black dress I had on and boy was there cat hair! At least I teach elem. and those kids don't care about a little hair.

      Delete
  6. Umm....we have a place that we throw our random junk. It's called "any flat surface". It's awesome that you are so tidy, I wish I could say the same. I justify my lack of organization by telling myself that messiness is just misunderstood beauty and that my lack of tidiness is interesting and gives me character. :) Hey, it's more positive than saying I'm just lazy!

    I don't wear compression socks outside of working out, but maybe you could limit your time wearing them to when you are just lounging around the house or sleeping? That's what I'd do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When my house is tidy I feel in control. That is my main motivation! Does your husband share your same messy habits?

      I like to wear them after a workout for a couple hours and lots of time in the summer after I workout I go run errands and stuff. I don't know why I care what people think...

      Delete
    2. My boyfriend does share my messy habits, and that's why we continue to be so messy. We enable each other. We both wish one of us could just be more tidy so that we could break the cycle!!

      Caring how you look in the compression socks is one thing, but I think you also make a valid point about it being hot out. I mean comp socks aren't THAT toasty, but who wants to wear any sort of long sock on a 95 degree day?

      Delete
    3. Hey, one less thing to fight about, right??? :)

      Delete
  7. Our spare bedroom always has laundry piles in it...I fold it on the bed and everyone has to pick up their pile daily...But close the door, and the clutter is gone!
    I have some compression sleeves that I can get away with wearing under capris with sandals...
    I haven't put away all the winter stuff yet, the past 3 days have been in the 40's and our house is COLD (62*). I am REFUSING to turn on the heat in June, but I am wearing 3 shirts and a fleece!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I am surprised it is so cold! It has been really hot already but we turned our AC off these past couple days since it was only like 60 outside.

      Delete
  8. Everyone has that one place in the house that is a giant mess. Mine is one of the kitchen drawers... just one of them. It holds EVERYTHING that will fit... and then I cram things in that won't fit just because where else will they go if not in there? :)

    While it totally goes against the grain for me to say this, maybe you can get some fashionable compression socks to wear with your shorts? That seems to be the thing all the cool kids do. Meanwhile I'm over here with my one pair of black compression socks that I only wear after runs that are 13 miles or longer because I don't really believe in compression socks... but you know, just in case, I wear them after those long runs!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL we are one in the same Kristina! I wear them AFTER a run and they are BLACK hahaha. All my 4th graders have fashionable high socks right now so maybe it is time 'ol Mrs. Cooney joins in!

      Delete
  9. Our junk ends up hidden in the master bedroom because guests never go there! lol

    ReplyDelete