A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Blogger Spotlight: Hit The Ground Running

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our first blogger spotlight is Ali of Hit the Ground Running! I found Ali's blog way back when I first starting blogging. I don't remember how I found it, but I do remember I went back and read every single post. I say that to be complimentary not creepy!

Anyway, Ali answered the Blogger Spotlight Questions I put forth, so now you get to learn a little bit a bout her!


1. How long have you been blogging?
 I started my blog in 2012 to help me stay motivated as I began taking my running more seriously.

2. How did you come up with the title of your blog? I wanted a phrase with running in the title that was well-known but not tired. I think HtGR applies to how I live my life!

3. Describe your blogging style. Do you blog on a schedule? Do you write your posts ahead of time? How long does it take you to write a post? I write when I'm inspired. I've found that there are too many blogs out there that get boring because the author is trying to hard to write on a schedule but they're out of good content. I'd rather take breaks from blogging and only write when I have something of quality to say. Some posts are easy and I write them in under an hour, but some take a lot of planning, editing, photo-searching, etc. Sometimes I leave drafts for months and come back when I can say what I want exactly right!

5. What types of blogs do you enjoy reading? I love fitness and running blogs, but I also like makeup and fashion blogs. Some of my favorite non-running blogs are Post Secret and Poorly Drawn Lines (a comic blog).

6. Tell us your current fitness related goal(s). I need to get back on track after May destroyed my running plans. I have my second marathon coming up in December!

7. What is your proudest running and/or fitness related accomplishment? Completing my first marathon. That was a goal I honestly never thought I'd reach. I had quite a few doubters in my life. If felt good to show myself what I'm made of!

8. Do you race? Why or why not? Yes, often! I love the atmosphere of races, and they keep me on top of my training. I rarely race all-out, though. I usually race 12 times a year and only set tough goals for two or three.

9. Where is the coolest place you have run? Nowhere I run is cool! (Ha, Florida humor.) I actually think my parents' neighborhood is really cool. There are tons of alligators and deer to watch out for, and the views are really pretty.

10. And last... what picture sums you up in a nutshell? (provide the picture please!) I chose this one because it shows how I approach running! I do it for the joy it brings me, and I try to always appreciate any run/race I'm lucky enough to experience!


Ali, thank you so much for taking the time to do this! I am glad I was able to "spotlight" you on my blog!

 I would love to spotlight some more awesome bloggers, keep the entries coming!

8 comments:

  1. Yay Ali!!!! I love Hit the Ground Running :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all read Ali's blog already because she's so awesome! She was one of the first run bloggers I followed and will always be one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is one of the first I followed too! So glad I found her. :)

      Delete
  3. I agree, she looks so cute and happy in the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still think it's so funny that you read my entire blog when you found me! Thanks for sharing this!!

    ReplyDelete