A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Sunday, June 7, 2015

RANT!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Who doesn't love a good RANT!? I haven't ranted on here in quite awhile so I think I am due. I tend to overreact about things, but I was so mad, I was shaking after the incident I describe below!


Thursday was the last day of school for students and they were dismissed at 10:30. It's the unwritten rule that on the last day of school, teachers are allowed to go out for a little bit longer of a lunch than normal. (Normal for us is 30 minutes!) Hey, we should get to celebrate the last day too, right!? I was invited to Red Lobster with some of my friends but I wanted to get a haircut during lunch. That just makes one less thing for me to do this weekend.

I zipped over to the Hair Cuttery near the school. I had been to this chain before (as well as this exact location) for numerous eyebrow waxes. This is one of those chain salons that asks for your phone number. Well, if you keep up with my blog, you know I hate when businesses ask for my phone number! Why must I give a phone number to get my hair cut!? The last time I was at Hair Cuttery the receptionist just inputted a crazy number because apparently the computer makes you input something.

So here is what happened Thursday... I can't promise this is word for word but I do promise you that my tone was polite but direct.

Receptionist: Your name?

Me: Megan Michael.

Receptionist: And what are we doing today?

Me: I would like a trim and maybe layers.

Receptionist: Okay... hmm let's see, I need to update your information, it looks like we have a crazy phone number in here for you.

Me: Yeah, I don't give out my phone number.

Receptionist: Oh, well we don't call you or anything, it's just to sign our customers in.

Me: I understand that, but I don't give out my phone number. Can I still get my hair cut?

Receptionist: Yes... But you see, if there is more than one Megan Michael, we use the phone number to make sure we have the right person in the computer.

Me: I'm not giving out my phone number.

THEN THE RECEPTIONIST ROLLED HER EYES AT ME!

I'M NOT FREAKING KIDDING YOU!

Me: You know what, never mind. Walks out of salon.


I told the girl politely three times that I was not giving my phone number, confirmed that I could still get a hair cut, and was completely polite and direct with her. Yet she rolled her freaking eyes at me! Where was I, back at school? I don't like 9 year olds rolling their eyes at me let alone grown ass 25 year olds!!!! (That's how old she looked- just guesstimating.) Like I said, I was so mad that I was shaking! I hightailed it to a different salon and got my hair cut and layered without having anyone ask for my phone number or rolling their eyes at me.

DO NOT GO TO THE HAIR CUTTERY IN ENOLA. AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS!


Don't worry, I did try to contact the company to give feedback on my visit. I went to their website to lodge a complaint but ironically you need to give your phone number to do so HAHAHAHA.
Do you have any horror stories of being treated badly at businesses in which you intended to shop/buy services from?

13 comments:

  1. I can't understand why they need your phone number if they are not going to call you. Can't they have another way of having it in their computer to know who it is (um, like maybe a middle initial or something?!?). And is this REALLY the issue? How many Megan Michael clients do they have?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Middle initial- great idea! I thought of that later. I agree, There can't be more than one Megan Michael that goes to the Hair Cuttery in Enola. Actually, now there will be zero. :)

      Delete
  2. Yep--0. If they can't make the connection that honoring a very simple customer request will keep the customer happy and keep the customer coming back, they don't deserve to have you! I am sure there is another place less than a mile away you can go to!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have walked away too. There is no reason they should "require" a phone number if they are not going to call you. Ugh. The last time I got really upset at a business was a few months ago when I got an oil change at the car dealership where I purchased my 4Runner. They told me it would be no later than 2 hours and 3 hours later I was still sitting in the waiting room. I had an appointment for Baby Yax that I had to get to and they would NOT give me back my car. I ended up canceling my appointment (and having to pay the $25 fee for canceling last minute) and having a break down at the dealership. It was ugly. Four hours later, I finally got my car. All I have to say to them is don't make a pregnant woman miss her prenatal appointment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have been just as livid as you and I'm not pregnant! If they found it was going to take longer than anticipated, they should have let you know, apologized, and given you the option of waiting, or rescheduling without incurring a fee. You probably would have gone back to that place but I am sure now you won't!

      Delete
  4. That would have royally ticked me off, too. I HATE rudeness. The last time I got mad at a business was a few weeks ago, when I was trying to make an appointment with (yet another) GI doctor. I called an office in Denver, and when I gave my address, the receptionist said (slowly and snottily, as though I was really stupid), "Um, you know we're in Denver, right?"
    Me: "Yes."
    Her: That's a long way from [your town.]
    Me (calmly): Yes, I know. I live here. But there are no GI doctors here.
    Her: Well, calm down! No need to be rude about it.
    Me: Know what? I'll just find another doctor.

    Seriously, you don't think I don't know that Denver is a bit of a drive... and then you call ME rude? No. Grrrr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Sometimes receptionists really act like you're interrupting their day when you call them, yet it's their JOB to answer the phone. She should have said, "Sorry that you have to make such a long drive, but we are happy to have your business." SHEESH.

      Delete
  5. I HATE BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE! Nothing gets me upset faster than poor customer service. I really think that customer service people should be well paid so that they feel more invested in their jobs. I mean, cust. serv. reps are the front line for every company - why would you put the least experienced people in this role?! It just blows my mind.

    I would have walked out in this instance too and I would have submitted the complaint using 555-555-5555 (my go to number when filling out things online, haha).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make such a good point about putting people who care about the company and people you TRUST in the front lines of customer service. Maybe I will go submit the complaint with a fake phone number. :)

      Delete
  6. No idea what the big deal here is.....totally kidding lol. I would have left as well. Terrible customer service, doesn't deserve your money.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHA oh man I'm sorry this happened to you but I quite enjoyed your re telling of the story!!

    ReplyDelete