Thank you to Amanda @ Running With Spoons for this Thinking Out Loud link up! Sometimes my TOL posts are random thoughts and sometimes they have a theme.
Today's theme is....
We all have those little things that annoy the crap out of us. Since it's fun to complain and it's fun to make lists, I thought I would share with you some of the things I just can't handle...
- Gum chewing. I will crush your face in if you chew gum around me. However there is a very small percentage of people in which I don't mind when they chew gum. But it's a very small percent, and you probably don't want to take the risk.
- People who make smacking noises with their mouth when they're eating. Again, I will crush your face.
- Whistlers. There is a whistler at Planet Fitness and my extreme hatred toward him makes me run faster on the treadmill. (Why is it always older men who whistle?)
- People who sniff their nose instead of blow their nose. The worst thing in the world is when a Sniffer gets on a cardio machine beside you. You either have to interrupt your workout to move to a different machine or put up with the sniffing. Either way, your life is ruined.
- The sound of cracking knuckles or other body parts. I don't know why it bugs me so badly but I
urgemake Paul warn me before he goes cracking anything.
Did you notice my list is entirely made up of bodily sounds? There is a word for this. It is called Misophonia. I'm glad this affliction has a name so instead of being labeled an irrational bitch, I can be labeled a “Misophonia Suferer”.
Tell me something you just can't handle! We can bond over our shared annoyances!