My dad is the Best Dad in the World. If you know my dad, you probably immediately agree with that statement! (I bet a lot of you think you have the best dad in the world too, and I am sure you do! I think there are a lot of Best Dads in the World out there and today we get to CELEBRATE them!)
In honor of my AWESOME DAD, I would like to share with you a few reasons why he is extremely awesome...
1. Dad made sure we had a fun backyard. He built us an awesome clubhouse. It even had a slide! He also built my brother a half pipe skateboard ramp.
How did he know how to do that without the internet!?
2. He made up all sorts of fun games for us to play when we were kids. One game that was so magical was when he would hide little chocolate chips all over the living room and when we found one... well, we'd get to eat it!
He still plays games with us!
Racing my brother Tyler at the Millersburg riverfront.
3. My dad can do anything. He's like MacGyver.
He even looks like MacGyver!
4. He bought me a mitt when I joined softball... then I quit. He bought me running shoes when I joined track... then I quit. Sorry, Dad!
5. Dad went to all our band and chorus concerts and every musical I was in.
Clearly excited to be hugging my dad after my performance in Grease!
6. Dad loves our mom and treats her like a queen.
My mom and dad on their wedding day in 1977.
7. Dad taught us how to ride bikes! And we always had bikes- he made sure of it.
8. He read to us.
But apparently forgot to have us put on sunscreen... haha! Dang, we were tan!
9. Dad worked hard so my mom could stay home with 3 kids. He took us on vacations to the beach and Knoebel's Grove every year.
Hershey Zoo, 1987
That is the shortest I have ever seen Dad's hair.
10. I never ever questioned whether my dad loved me or wanted the best for me.
Daddio and me- Christmas Eve, 1994
And now, some more fun pics, just for... fun!
Dad's 30th B-day!
I can't believe he had all 3 of us by the time he was 30!
That's my dad at a H.S. basketball game scoring.
He's always been athletic!
Uncle Rick and my Dad- 1994
My dad and I at my wedding in 2008.
Dad photo bombing me and Paul!
Mom and Dad in Arizona
My dad is a bad ass road and mountain biker who is so bad ass that he recently wiped out so bad on a mountain that he broke his collar bone. He had surgery to fix it on Wednesday. Don't worry, he is recuperating and my mom is taking care of him. GET WELL SOON, DAD!
Happy Father's Day, Daddio!
I love you!!