Well my friends, I have a confession to make. I have been really lazy over my winter break. I know break is all about relaxing and recharging and coming back in 2014 better than ever, but I took it to a whole new level on Friday. This was basically me all day:
Actually, I did have a pretty tough workout at the gym. But the rest of the day I was in my pjs lounging.
I started watching the movie The Back Up Plan, which was pretty horrible. I plan to finish it in spurts- as I do my PT stretching and foam rolling. Because that's all it's good for- something to watch to pass the time while stretching.
I went out for a beautiful 9 mile run on Saturday afternoon. I didn't realize how gorgeous it was until I got outside. I ended up running around the block and stopping back at my house to take off my vest and change into shorts. That's how warm it was!
Saturday afternoon I suddenly got the urge to purge. I went through all my drawers and closets and threw out stuff that wasn't worth giving away and made piles for people who I thought would enjoy certain clothes and accessories I either don't wear anymore or don't fit anymore. I have a few sweaters that don't fit because my arms are busting out of them!!! Must be from the pull ups!!! (Never thought I'd be happy to "grow out of" clothes!)
Then we hit up Target! One of my favorite things to do after the holidays is get a bunch of holiday candy on clearance!
Yes, these actually do taste like hot chocolate!
Candy Cane Scratch Pad
Our date was not yet over. To finish the evening, we watched the movie The Frozen Ground. I didn't realize until the end that it's actually a true story which made it all the more freaky. But it's a good movie about a serial killer in Alaska during the early 1980s.
I woke up super early Sunday morning and spent an hour and a half researching IT Band injuries, rehab, etc. I found a lot of great information and it motivated me to declare that day A REST DAY. That's right folks. I did not exercise on Sunday. Here is what I did do on Sunday...
1. Went out for coffee with my dear friend Ashley and her beautiful daughter Leona.
2. Stretched, iced, foam rolled.
Chrissy hijacked my stretching area.
3. Went to Michael's and practiced self control by not buying anything, even though all Christmas decorations were 80% off. Damn, now I regret it...
4. Got really sad about having to take a rest day.
6. I watched the movie The Call. It was pretty damn intense. I cried several times. I took several breaks. I don't know why it was so hard to get through this movie! I do know that 2 kidnapping movies in one weekend is too many.
7. Now that Freaks and Geeks is over, we found another show to watch together- East Bound and Down. After watching the first episode, I am both horrified and very excited to watch the rest of the series!!
See any good movies this weekend?
Score any after Christmas deals?