This is basically just a way for us bloggers to get to know each other a little better and discover new blogs they may like. I've only been blogging since June, but I'm slowly starting to meet other bloggers and learn a little bit about them. Now you can learn a little bit about me! (If you want!)
1. My main goal for 2013 was: Get leaner, more muscular, and FASTER. (They all go hand in hand!)
2. My Running Shoes: Mizuno Wave Riders... always and forever. Haven't changed running shoes in years.
3. Favorite running gear item of 2013: Well, I got it for Christmas in 2012, but I'm still going to say my Garmin. Paul got me my very first Garmin and it was INSTRUMENTAL in allowing me track my progress and push myself.
4. Playlist screenshot: I don't listen to music while I run. I listen to podcasts. I'm currently bingeing on The Savage Love Podcast. Warning: It's not for the faint of heart!
6. Most difficult race & why: They both didn't suck until the end, so I can't complain! I guess I would have to say The Mile because it wasn't until later on in the evening and I hated waiting around all day for it.
The Mile. I'm in the blue.
5k. In blue again. I must like that outfit!
7. Favorite fun run: I didn't do any in 2013. But I think the 2 Warrior Dashes I did were in 2012...
8. Favorite course: I have a fabulous 9 mile course that it just gorgeous. You can check out pictures here.
10. Best bling/shirt from a race: I got a gym bag at the Flying Pig Marathon- that was pretty cool, since I didn't even own a gym bag at the time and then POOF I suddenly did! Again, this was not in 2013... 11. PR/PB: Mile: 5:41, 5k: 19:51
12. Longest run: In 2013??? Ummmmm... maybe 18?
13. Out of state runs: I ran in NY and NJ this year. NY was in Central Park! My very first time! NJ was in OC NJ when we were on vacation. Oh, and in Atlantic City.
14. Total miles ran: No clue! A lot less than I used to, though!
15. Favorite motivational/inspirational quote of 2013: "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare."
16. Lessons I’ve learned: Run less. Run less. Run less. I do my best when I RUN LESS! (How is that possible!?)
17. Injuries I battled and overcame: OH DEAR!! Well, there was/is my knee. And my groin. And plantar fasciitis. Damn, how am I still standing??
18. 3-5 Most inspiring people: This is going to sound really lame, but I'm really digging my recorder students right now. They are working ahead and basically teaching themselves the music. They're practicing and figuring things out on their own. There's nothing that makes a music teacher happier than students READING MUSIC and learning it themselves. They're cool. (Sorry, that answer had nothing to do with running.) 19. Favorite place on social media to connect with runners: blogs, blogs, blogs!!
20. 2 goals for next year: Run Boston without injuring myself and overcome this knee inflammation.
That's it, my friends!! Go ahead and do the link up to this if you want! Or answer a question in my comments! I hope I am using the term "link up" correctly. I don't totally understand it. I'm a bad blogger... !