A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, September 7, 2015

Labor Day Weekend Wrap Up! (PART ONE!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

'Twas a wonderfully long Labor Day Weekend full of friends, family, running, and relaxation!

In fact, the weekend was so long and action packed that I realized no one was ever going to read a Weekend Wrap Up that was that long so I divided it into parts!

Here is Part 1- Friday and Saturday!


On Friday morning, Paul and I had a Big Brother date. The live double eviction episode was preempted the night before due to preseason football. It didn't air until 11:35pm. Rubbish. We DVR'ed it and watched it first thing Friday morning. The episode was horrible. Two people I liked were sent home. The only people left in the game are people I cannot STAND. "I'm done with Big Brother this season!" I said, steadfastly to Paul. But I'm not. I will continue watching it and continue to hate all the people left in the game.

Fueled by anger at the Big Brother episode, I hit the neighborhood for a scorching hot 10 miler! This run required 2 A/C breaks or else I would have straight up died from heat exhaustion.


That afternoon, we went to my brother and SIL's house to spend time with my family and celebrate my niece's first birthday! A fun time was had by all!

Auntie Megan and Ellie


Clementine and Nanny


Clementine inspects her birthday gift


Four generations of Michaels! Grandma Arla, my Dad, my brother, and his two daughters

Everyone was afraid to take home the remaining birthday cake... but not me and Paul!
"You can freeze cake," my mom informed me.
I chuckled. "This will be gone in two or three days."
Paul and I don't mess around with cake!

Our jam packed day ended with fire pit night at Geoff and Bree's! We hadn't seen them in awhile, so it was great to reconnect over guacamole and s'mores!

Paul and Geoff


Bree, Sprout, and Geoff


Slipping right back into summer habits, I slept until 9:45! Then I fiddled around and did my normal morning routine of "whatever" and hit the streets around 11:30 for my run. It was not as hot as the day before, which was nice. I managed 8 miles a little slower than yesterday's run. I was psyched!


That evening, we went to my friend Peggy's 50th birthday party! Peggy is a third grade teacher at my school. She is fun, sassy, and extremely kind. She's also not afraid of a good practical joke, which of course makes working with her fun. One day she came into my room to pick her kids up from music class with a stuffed animal snake in her arms. It was very obviously fake but I am so afraid of snakes that I let out a blood curdling scream and jumped two feet in the air. 

Some of the awesome people I work with!

Peggy and Tricia breakin' it down!
I danced all night long!

Peggy's brother Ted played Happy Birthday on his trumpet!

Brother and sister fun!

My hot date!
My voice was SHOT by the end of the night!

FUNNY STORY!!!! I had never been to E-town before (where the party was held) but my best high school friend Sherrie lives there. Well, just as we were driving into E-town, guess who we saw out for a run? SHERRIE! What are the odds!!!!!!!???? Of course we stopped the car in the middle of the road to talk to her!

Well, that was PART ONE. I told you this was a long weekend! I'll wrap up Sunday and Monday tomorrow! I hope you are enjoying a nice long Labor Day weekend as well!
Tell me something fun about your weekend!

Do you like to dance at parties?

Are you watching Big Brother? What do you think of this season?

13 comments:

  1. Wow, a 10 miler + an 8 miler--sweet. What a fun weekend. We went to Winter Park, CO for a wonderful weekend away w/ friends. And, yes, I dance at parties....I pretty much dance everywhere!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you had a great weekend at Winter Park. :) I googled it... stunning! But of course it is stunning, it's CO!!

      Delete
    2. I do feel so luck to live here. I am glad you like my state as much as I do :)

      Delete
  2. I'll dance anywhere! I have to get Andrew drunk first to dance with me but hey. Whatever works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend! I had cake this weekend too! Due to busy schedules I had not been able to celebrate my bday with Adam's family until last night and enjoyed a final round of birthday cake until next year... or until Adam's birthday in a couple of months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Glad you got that last bday celebration in. :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like fun! I love parties where we dance. And that has to count as a workout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh for SURE! I was exhausted and ravenous when I got home! I had dinner #2 that night around 1030pm!

      Delete
  5. ha! I totally get it with the cake. What do you mean freeze it? I plan on eating it all now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could you post some slower run paces for running that late in the day, on a hot hot day!? You're making me feel like a slacker. :) Good job though, you rock!! I am totally with you on that cake. I'm always willing to take home leftover treats!
    It was a fun weekend at our house too! A good send off to summer. Bring on the cooler fall temps. Immediately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you had a great weekend too! I will miss summer and warm weather. I get a little blue when the seasons change...

      Delete